PDA

View Full Version : How do i get it through ds's head

elaineandmichaelsmommy
11-13-2013, 11:34 AM
That the lego star wars sets will break when he plays with them. Just like every.other.lego.set he's owned. They've all fallen apart or been taken aparty by grabby little sister hands. i'm happy to buy him an x-wing fighter. The vintage ones from kenner are out again at toys r us. But for the love of pete- he's stuck on the lego mini figs and i can't get it through to him that he can't get one without the other and that the x-wing won't be playable. I may either throttle him or he might just get a big fat none of it for christmas.

I know this comes across as a bitching post but unlike a normal bitching post post I actually do want suggestions on how to fix this ;)

ahisma
11-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Glue! Glue them together. If you use elmers, you can soak them in the tub to loosen / remove the glue if you want to disassemble them later.

123LuckyMom
11-13-2013, 12:31 PM
ABSOLUTELY glue!!! My son is the same way with his sets. He wants the minifigs and then loves putting together the vehicles and wants to PLAY with them. So far, he has accepted the breakability of the vehicles, but the day he complains, I will glue them. He has plenty of other Legos to use creatively. Having a few glued vehicles is just fine!

reneed
11-13-2013, 03:55 PM
I have tried Elmer's and super glue and it doesn't seem to stick. Any other rec's?

StantonHyde
11-13-2013, 08:36 PM
You can actually buy just the mini figs on ebay. I have done that several times. That way you get just the mini figs. I don't know why it doesn't bother DS that his Legos break. We have bins of deceased Legos!!! But he loves his mini figs. (I keep them in a separate box so there are abunch of legs, heads, etc in there!!)

Tondi G
11-13-2013, 08:44 PM
we glued a set with the brush on super glue and it held for a long time ... only a few small pieces came off after having been "played" with.