PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Star Wars toys

elaineandmichaelsmommy
11-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Thought it might be good to have a spot for this, it seems to be popular with children over 7 mostly.

I've noticed that Mattel bought Kenner several years ago and is re-releasing the large play items one a year.Last year was the millenium falcon,this year it's the x-wing and the at-at, next year is the death star from what the guy at the store told me.

Lego Star Wars sets and mini-figs seem to be a whole thing that I have yet to learn about. Would love the wisdom from moms who know their way around it all.

Ds got a light saber for his birthday from a friend and is in love with it. I could hear him turning it on after lights out last night.

inmypjs
11-14-2013, 01:12 AM
We have a lot of Star Wars toys, and the ones that get played with the most are the Hasbro ships, like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Deluxe-Republic-Attack-Shuttle/dp/B004SGVFBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384405841&sr=8-1&keywords=star+wars+attack+shuttle

DS got this for Christmas 2 years ago and still plays with it at least once/week.

jenstring95
11-14-2013, 11:16 PM
DS (8) is a bit obsessed with Star Wars, but he mainly just wants Lego sets (and only the ones that feature good guys, lol). He does have a couple of lightsabers (and even a lightsaber toothbrush) and was a Jedi for Halloween. He loves Star Wars books too. He got the Encyclopedia of characters for his birthday, and that was a big hit. He also got a Star Wars origami book and a Star Wars Folded Flyers book (basically making SW paper airplanes) but has yet to make anything from them. We are fairly new to this obsession, so I am curious to know what other SW loving kids enjoy. :)

essnce629
11-14-2013, 11:18 PM
DS (8) is a bit obsessed with Star Wars, but he mainly just wants Lego sets (and only the ones that feature good guys, lol). He does have a couple of lightsabers (and even a lightsaber toothbrush) and was a Jedi for Halloween. He loves Star Wars books too. He got the Encyclopedia of characters for his birthday, and that was a big hit. He also got a Star Wars origami book and a Star Wars Folded Flyers book (basically making SW paper airplanes) but has yet to make anything from them. We are fairly new to this obsession, so I am curious to know what other SW loving kids enjoy. :)

Yes to 100% of this! DS1 is 10.

123LuckyMom
11-14-2013, 11:41 PM
My DS is only just turned 5 and has never seen the Star Wars movies, but his BF is Star Wars crazy and has indoctrinated DS! DS has Jedi light up sneakers, a light saber that can be blue or red and that makes swishing noises and impact noises (it's really cool! I like playing with it, too!) and a Darth Vader mask that can make his voice sound Darth Vader-y. I discovered Bricklinks.com, because DS was desperate for storm trooper minifigs. We ordered a set Lego no longer makes from a collector. My mother has the original Star Wars through Empire Strikes Back on VHS. She recorded them off cable before any of the recent movies were made. He may get to watch them over the 12 days of Christmas this year.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
11-15-2013, 02:27 PM
he got a lightsaber at his birthday party from a friend, has the stride rite jedi shoes,has a couple of books. is Dieing to get some star wars minifigs and would give his teeth for lego star wars at this point. I won't even go into the lego star wars wii games.

Looks like christmas will be easy.

kristac
11-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Where can you get the Hasbro X-wing? DS would love it! Hoping Amazon is overpriced- seems to be all 3rd party sellers.

KpbS
11-18-2013, 12:35 AM

This is DS1 to a T. He is getting the flyers book for Christmas and loves all SW books, including the character encyclopedia (also a birthday present!). He got some Lego minifigures for his birthday and loves those too. I found some of the Hasbro toys on clearance a month or so ago at Marshall's. I bought them although dubious of their quality but they have held up so far. :)

essnce629
11-18-2013, 03:17 AM
I won't even go into the lego star wars wii games.

Yes, we have the Lego Star Wars Wii game as well (and all the Lego Wii games actually!) They have all been a hit.