PDA

View Full Version : Loving American Girl!

kit
11-14-2013, 11:28 AM
I just had to share the great experience I had with American Girl. Grandparents were nice enough to get a bitty baby for DD, but within a few days she had a couple marks on her head where it looked like the paint (for her "brown hair") had scuffed off, and not from any overly rough play either. I was bummed about it and just decided to keep a hat on her head all the time, which DD doesn't mind thankfully.

A few days later, I managed to finally find some time to take it into the American Girl store to see if there was anything they could do about it or recommend. They actually offered to "exchange" it for a new one for me! Luckily I had my receipt on me. They warned me though that it's not like there was something wrong with the one I had, so it was definitely possible that the same thing could happen to another one. But since the doll will be wearing a hat from now on I'm not really concerned about that. I didn't even have the box, original outfit, or that random star that the bitty baby comes with, just the doll. But they gave me a whole new boxed doll to take home! :boogie:

The whole experience definitely left me feeling good about the store and their policies, so it's nice to know they do try to match their customer service to those crazy high prices!

Seitvonzu
11-14-2013, 03:10 PM
i'm glad to hear that story! i worry about them pricing themselves completely out of the baby doll market... our little "baby lucy" has those marks on her head .. she had them pretty much immediately :)

enjoy your dolly!

kit
11-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Now I just need to find a cute hat for the bitty baby :) I've jerry-rigged one of DD's old hats to stay on using a baby headband, but she looks sorta Vincent Van Gogh bandage around the head, ha!

citymama
11-14-2013, 05:45 PM
It is such a dangerous obsession...prepare to spend a LOT of time and money on this!

kit
11-15-2013, 12:04 AM
It is such a dangerous obsession...prepare to spend a LOT of time and money on this!

Ack, you are only confirming my worst fears! I try to convince myself that it's better to encourage the toys that I at least enjoy alot too :)