PDA

View Full Version : Seamless socks and tights??

twowhat?
11-14-2013, 12:01 PM
From a google search it looks like these exist. Does anyone have any experience with this and can comment on brands to try? DD2's sensitivity issues about the toe seam on her socks and tights is about to drive me bonkers (I feel like we deal with enough with her!). I spent 10 minutes trying to flatten out the toe seam on her tights this morning while she writhed and whined on the floor. I get it - this seam really does bother some kids.

I am willing to pay money now for a seamless option that still comes in girly colors/patterns.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-14-2013, 12:51 PM
no suggestions but SUBSCRIBING because both of my kids are afflicted with this. dd cries out "the sock is hurting me." ds is worse. for it's not just the seams though, it's the little parts of excess that fold over. i have to align the sock perfectly so there is no excess. like i think i need a really really thin and stretchy sock where there is no excess anywhere so there is nothing to bunch up (even the tiniest bit) under the foot.

i recall some posted a website that had clothing for kids with special sensitivities (compression shirts, etc), but i can't remember the name. i think i need to check this out lest i snap one morning while getting kiddos ready for school!

twowhat?
11-14-2013, 01:05 PM
no suggestions but SUBSCRIBING because both of my kids are afflicted with this. dd cries out "the sock is hurting me." ds is worse. for it's not just the seams though, it's the little parts of excess that fold over. i have to align the sock perfectly so there is no excess. like i think i need a really really thin and stretchy sock where there is no excess anywhere so there is nothing to bunch up (even the tiniest bit) under the foot.

i recall some posted a website that had clothing for kids with special sensitivities (compression shirts, etc), but i can't remember the name. i think i need to check this out lest i snap one morning while getting kiddos ready for school!

They use compression vests for anxious dogs too. LOLOL!!

The socks that DD2 has the best luck with so far are the Stride Rite socks from Costco. They lay as flat as any traditional sock can, and if you don't buy up a size (buy exactly the right size for the foot or even size down if you're in between) they work pretty well. They're really stretchy, no bunching (assuming you get the right size), a good weight (thin but not too thin) and the heel seam lays completely flat (so long as the sock isn't too big) and the toe seam, while not flat, is flatter than a lot of other socks (we have TONS of trouble with HA socks and cheaper socks like Target or TCP - forget about it!). So those might work for your DC! They work the best for us so far and bonus - they are the only ones my kids have a chance of getting on by themselves:) But unfortunately the Stride Rite tights from Costco don't work...esp since I like to size up in tights because they are otherwise tough to get on without the saggy crotch. Sad because DD2 loves these tights but the foot part of them is really just not good for her feet "issues".

My biggest fear with trying the seamless socks is that then we'll run into another issue (like bunching)!! For these kids, the socks have gotta lie COMPLETELY FLAT!