PDA

View Full Version : What stores after size 12?

KrystalS
11-15-2013, 09:02 AM
DD is starting to outgrow all the kids brands and I'm not sure where to go from here. She can still wear Justice and we buy from there and most of her pants are from there but I don't want that to be her entire wardrobe. She is on the bigger side so Abercrombie, and Hollister are cut way too narrow. She really needs tops and didn't like anything at AE. She really just wants graphic tshirts. She's 9, so doesnt like anything babyish. She is very self conscious about her weigh gain over the last few months and likes tops that are longer. I think she's going through that awkward pre-puberty stage. She's on the far end of size 14, almost to a 16 depending what it is.

egoldber
11-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Older DD wears a 12 or 14 in pants and 14/16 shirt. We buy a lot of her clothes at Kohls and JC Penney. Most stores have "girl" sizes of 7-16. Both have lots of very cute graphic t-shirts.

She can also wear some shirts from the juniors and womens section. A junior XS or S is often actually narrower than a "girl" 14 or 16.

KrystalS
11-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks! I never go to JC Penney or Kohls so I didn't even know they went up to a size 16. Old Navy just started making their girls clothes up to a size 16 so I have gotten some cute shirts there but it seems like the bigger sizes (14,16) sell out really fast!

The narrow cut is the problem I'm having with going to juniors clothes. I looked at Target yesterday and found nothing. Plus juniors shirts tend to be v-cut and that doesn't work well for my DD.

egoldber
11-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes, we have the same problem. The v-neck does not work for older DD either unless it is a very shallow V.

The 14/16 size does sell out very quickly! Especially size 16 if there are distinct 14 and 16s.

We have actually had good luck at Target with the women's size XS and S Merona brand shirts. They are not graphic, but they have cute stripes. Things like this: http://www.target.com/p/merona-women-s-long-sleeve-ultimate-v-tee-stripes/-/A-14582240#prodSlot=large_1_19

annex
11-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Would she wear boys' shirts? My 10 yo DD who has a long torso and is on the bigger side wears a lot of size 12 boys shirts from Old Navy, Target, etc as those more generous cuts are better at hiding pre-puberty. Probably not recommended if she is trying to fit-in with more fashion forward girl classmates though. I do see some of my DD's girl classmates who are into Angry Birds, Avengers, etc. wearing those graphic shirts so my DD doesn't stand out when she does the same.

-Anne