PDA

View Full Version : Random Friday night poll: underwear at bedtime?

jent
11-15-2013, 09:42 PM
So tonight, after DD's bath, we were completely out of clean underwear (one of those "but I thought YOU did the laundry" times). DD was totally upset by the thought of going to bed commando, but I tried to explain to her that many people don't wear underwear to bed, and that it was no big deal.

So, I know (I think?) a lot of families do it differently. I grew up always wearing undies with my PJ's, but in HS I babysat a family where the kids didn't wear undies to bed-- something that was shocking to me at the time.

So, fess up... undies or no undies at night?

Poll coming

hillview
11-15-2013, 09:48 PM
No undies

georgiegirl
11-15-2013, 09:49 PM
DS goes commando, but the rest of us wear underwear.

SnuggleBuggles
11-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Underwear for sure. We rewear PJs so that just wouldn't work. Baths at night though= clean undies after the bath and those are the same ones that get worn the next day.

elliput
11-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Undies. DD puts on clean ones before bed every night. DS still needs a night diaper.

wellyes
11-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Undies, but no clean underwear happens to the best of us, and you just deal when it happens.

lmh2402
11-15-2013, 10:11 PM
undies always. always, always undies.

BDKmom
11-15-2013, 10:20 PM
I shower in the morning 99% of the time, even if I bathe or shower right before bed (it's a hair thing). So, if I bathe or shower before bed, I will go commando for the night because I don't want to put on clean undies after my bath then put on another clean pair in the morning, and in don't want to put the same pair back on, even though I have only worn them for a few hours. That's the only time I don't wear undies at night.

wendibird22
11-15-2013, 10:25 PM

Yeah that.

ArizonaGirl
11-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Underwear for sure. We rewear PJs so that just wouldn't work. Baths at night though= clean undies after the bath and those are the same ones that get worn the next day.

:yeahthat:

KDsMommy
11-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Usually no undies, but sometimes I'll wear a tank and boy short undies to sleep. DH sleeps in boxer briefs. DS1 wears them to sleep and DS2 wears a pull up as he isn't reliably dry every night. DS3 is obviously still in diapers.

carolinacool
11-15-2013, 10:49 PM

Fo sho. :ROTFLMAO:

Same with DH. DS is still in a pullup at night.

123LuckyMom
11-15-2013, 10:51 PM
DS takes off the day undies, bathes (or not), puts on night undies, and then changes undies again in the morning. He has a thing for changing undies. I don't get it, because it is certainly not about hygiene. If he could get away without ever bathing, he would! DD's in diapers. DH and I wear undies.

elektra
11-15-2013, 10:51 PM
I would occasionally go commando in the days when bedtime was the gateway to sex adventures, but these days this girl needs her granny panties at night, every night. I also rewear my pjs for several days and I personally feel icked out to rewear any pants that I have previously worn commando.
For the kids though, I am way more lax. They do wear undies every night though under regular circumstances. They probably would not like to go without, although I know DS has occasionally forgotten and barely notices.

waitingforgrace
11-15-2013, 10:52 PM
I shower in the morning 99% of the time, even if I bathe or shower right before bed (it's a hair thing). So, if I bathe or shower before bed, I will go commando for the night because I don't want to put on clean undies after my bath then put on another clean pair in the morning, and in don't want to put the same pair back on, even though I have only worn them for a few hours. That's the only time I don't wear undies at night.

This exactly.

DD1 wears undies every night

weech
11-15-2013, 10:55 PM
DS takes off the day undies, bathes (or not), puts on night undies, and then changes undies again in the morning. He has a thing for changing undies.

:yeahthat: This is totally my DS! As for DH and I, we both sleep in undies pretty reliably. We've had some uh, "issues" where we've had a fun night, forgotten to get dressed and then had to get up at 3am to tend to a screaming child in buff. Not ideal :ROTFLMAO:

ett
11-15-2013, 11:24 PM

:yeahthat:

AnnieW625
11-16-2013, 12:59 AM
I grew up with the option not to wear undies to bed, but even as a little kid I just couldn't do it. Every so often if I am wearing the right lounge pants I can get away with going commando and it doesn't bother me, but most of the time I still wear undies. The girls wear undies as well although I have given them the options not to wear them.

StantonHyde
11-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Never have, never will. Things need to air out down there. And undies under pjs, no thanks, too uncomfortable!!

Smillow
11-16-2013, 02:31 AM
Never have, never will. Things need to air out down there. And undies under pjs, no thanks, too uncomfortable!!

:yeahthat: Under a nightgown (which I NEVER wear), maybe... But pajama pants are washed after one wearing... DS & DH are nighttime underpants wearers, but not me!

lalasmama
11-16-2013, 02:39 AM
I started commando in my teens, after multiple rashes down there. I
was mortified! Now, I toss and turn if I try to sleep in undies, lol.

DH is commando too.

No idea about DD1&2 (both adults). Youngest DD changes undies every morning and every night.

Now, DNiece, who is 11, she's been commando since she was potty-trained. She whines about our panty rules when sleeping here. But, she's also commando every day, except during AF.

essnce629
11-16-2013, 04:04 AM
I sleep in the nude, so no undies here!

Both kids don't wear undies to bed either. DS1 used to wet the bed a lot, and I read somewhere that wearing briefs to bed can press on the bladder and cause nighttime accidents so I told him to not wear underwear to bed after that. I think it definitely helped with the accidents and now I don't have DS2 wear undies to bed either. They only wear their pajamas once though before they go in the hamper. Both kids have eczema and eczema kids tend to have more staph bacteria on their skin (DS1 was tested once and did) and I read that it's recommended to not re-wear pajamas in order to prevent staph infections.

DH sleeps in boxers even though I ask him all the time to go commando!

Melaine
11-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Always, always underwear. We wear comfy undies though!

indigo99
11-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Under a nightgown (which I NEVER wear), maybe... But pajama pants are washed after one wearing... DS & DH are nighttime underpants wearers, but not me!

:yeahthat: My grandmother taught me that you shouldn't wear underwear to bed so I don't unless I have to. I sleep in mens' boxers mostly though, and they're technically underwear I guess. DH sleeps only in underwear, and my boys sleep in the next day's underwear with PJs that are reworn a few times.

sariana
11-16-2013, 02:54 PM
I didn't read the replies, so I apologize if someone already mentioned this. But in one of the Ramona books, Ramona decides to wear her pajamas under her clothes to school. When she gets too hot, she tells her teacher she can't take off the pj's because she's not wearing any underwear. The teacher tells her it's okay to go without just this once. I always thought it was weird that she didn't wear underwear with her pajamas, but I guess it's not that unusual.

We all wear underwear at night. (Well, DD still needs Good Nights. But she will wear underwear once she is ready.)

Corie
11-16-2013, 03:19 PM
I always wear underwear to bed. If I didn't, my husband would consider that an invitation to jump me.

hellbennt
11-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Dh & I wear undies. Ds2 asked one day as he was getting ready for bed, after his bath, if he had to wear underwear w/ his pjs & I replied he could wear his pjs w/o underwear - he was probably 4 or 5 - ds1 followed suite a few months later - he was 7 or 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

jent
11-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Wow, three pages of replies!

DH is shocked that we can talk so much about underwear. I told him, this is the BBB, we can talk for pages about anything.

I realize I didn't put down what we do. DD, obviously, has always worn underwear until last night. She was quite upset last night but in the morning admitted it was no big deal. I grew up always wearing underwear, but (TMI warning!) when I was in my 20's, I started having rash/yeast problems so I tried going commando at night to let things breathe. Now, I sometimes do, sometimes don't. DH has (sadly, from his POV) learned to read nothing into my choice. Oh, and speaking of DH, he usually just sleeps in his boxers.

wellyes
11-16-2013, 05:56 PM
I was introduced to the concept of no undies in bed on an episode of The Golden Girls where Rose explains you have to "let things breathe down there". I was maybe 10-12 years old and was mystified at what "things" she was talking about LOL.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Wow, it would have never occurred to me to go sleep in PJs without underwear, even kids..i am so surprised by this! Is underwear really that uncomfortable? Our kids wear Hanna trainers/underwear and they seem pretty comfy (DS is very sensitive and has not complained). I mean, i know some kids/people like to sleep in the nude (i know my DD would LOVE that..she loves running around naked before bedtime and tries to convince us to let her go to sleep naked..we would totally let her but she's not PT'ed so obviously it's a no-go)...but i guess i don't get why put on PJ's and no underwear. especially for boys it seems any pants with no undies would make it uncomfortable in a certain area..

i don't know. i get the whole "airing-it out" thing but for me, i'd feel like i'd be having to wash sheets every couple days if anyone slept in the nude. even if pjs were worn w/o no undies i woudl have to have at least 7 sets of pjs per person. i do not think i could deal with that amount of laundry.

Philly Mom
11-16-2013, 07:14 PM
This is so interesting to me. So many underwear users. Before kids, we both slept nude. After DD1 was born I started wearing pjs no underwear. I shower at night. Wear the pjs for half the week. I only wear underwear post parturm and during my period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

georgiegirl
11-16-2013, 07:52 PM
I was introduced to the concept of no undies in bed on an episode of The Golden Girls where Rose explains you have to "let things breathe down there". I was maybe 10-12 years old and was mystified at what "things" she was talking about LOL.

I would have thought Blanche was more the commando type

Tondi G
11-16-2013, 09:10 PM

I'm with you. Once my boys were out of diapers they had no interest in wearing underwear to sleep. Now unless they have a friend sleeping over or they sleep out of the house, they sleep naked. Me I sleep in a pair of boxer shorts and a t-shirt. Things need to air out down there!

nfowife
11-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Growing up we had the option of undies or no undies. However as an adult I've just always worn underwear to bed. I shower in the morning (or after the gym during the day). My kids (bathed or not) all put on fresh underwear at night when they put on their pajamas and they wear those underpants the entire next day. I wear pajama pants and a t-shirt to bed most nights and I wear them for a few days.

ZeeBaby
11-16-2013, 09:27 PM
No undies for me. The kids wear undies, but I will probably advise them to let stuff breathe when they are older. DH wears boxers to bed.

crayonblue
11-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Undies for sure. I cannot imagine sleeping entirely nude either. I usually wear pj's, fuzzy socks and a robe cause I am freezing at night! But, that's probably because DH opens every window in the house and turns the fan on high whether it's perfect temp for sleeping or really cold. He grew up in upstate NY and said he did the same there.

And Corie, yep, that would TOTALLY be my DH's thought too.

SASM
11-17-2013, 01:22 AM
Undies. My kids rewear pj's so commando isn't an option, not that they've tried. That being said, DDs prefer no pj's and just panties on warmer nights. Drives me crazy but I want them to sleep... DS sleeps only in boxers, year-round (like DH). Totally aside, as a child, my cousins would sleep without underwear under their pj's. I just couldn't understand it...grossed me out. :)

SASM
11-17-2013, 01:28 AM
But, that's probably because DH opens every window in the house and turns the fan on high whether it's perfect temp for sleeping or really cold. He grew up in upstate NY and said he did the same there.
Same thing goes for my DH who grew up in the ADKs!!! Drives me nuts!!! The entire house could be sneezing from the pollen, including DH, but the temp is "perfect" with the windows open...yay. Gotta LOVE my flannel sheets!!!