PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Gift for buying realtor?

Avispa
11-15-2013, 09:44 PM
We just bought a house, yay!! Our realtor is the best combo of sweetness and competence, and I thought I might want to give her a little something now that we closed on the home we wanted. Is this something people do generally? I'm not looking for a pricey gift, just a little something to show our appreciation. Any suggestions?
She is in her late 30s, has 3 kids, and just transitioned to a new realty agency in case this sparks some ideas.

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
11-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Write to her boss highlighting your good experience.

KLD313
11-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Usually they give the clients gifts. I agree with writing to her boss.

crl
11-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Referrals and/or good yelp review.

Catherine

Snow mom
11-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Yay, glad it's yours! I think referrals are all that are really expected. Everyone likes a bottle of wine though :)

Avispa
11-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Thank you for the the suggestions/perspective. I guess I am so happy with the house that I'd like to go beyond just the referrals :) I think I'll go with the bottle of wine, thanks!

arivecchi
11-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Usually they give the clients gifts. I agree with writing to her boss.:yeahthat: The buying agent typically gives the client a gift.

Blakes Mommy
11-18-2013, 04:56 PM
We just bought a house, yay!! Our realtor is the best combo of sweetness and competence, and I thought I might want to give her a little something now that we closed on the home we wanted. Is this something people do generally? I'm not looking for a pricey gift, just a little something to show our appreciation. Any suggestions?
She is in her late 30s, has 3 kids, and just transitioned to a new realty agency in case this sparks some ideas.

Thanks!

First of.... Congrats!!! I was a Realtor for over 10 years before I had kids and I would never expect a gift! I have gotten them and they are appreciated but never expected! I always would give a gift to the new homeowner and also have taken people to lunch/dinner while out looking for homes. As far as a letter it will be more important to give it to your agent then the boss. When you sell real estate you are an independent contactor (self employed) so unlike other jobs it really doesn't weigh too much since there are really no promotions (depends on situation). You are really judged by volume and the amount of income you produce for the office. Although it may be nice for the Broker of the office to see the letter, the actual realtor will benefit more from your letter by using it as a testimonial on their website etc...Referring your realtor to others you know will have the biggest impact!!! If you really want to give a gift maybe give something like a picture of your happy family in front of your new house framed so she can put it up in her office! I have never had any one give me this, but ,a free car wash would be great since realtors are always in their cars and have to keep them looking nice! Whatever you decide please don't feel it is expected! Of course your idea of wine is also nice especially with the holidays coming up. Again, Congrats and enjoy the holidays in your new home!!!

Avispa
11-18-2013, 07:33 PM
First of.... Congrats!!! I was a Realtor for over 10 years before I had kids and I would never expect a gift! I have gotten them and they are appreciated but never expected! I always would give a gift to the new homeowner and also have taken people to lunch/dinner while out looking for homes. As far as a letter it will be more important to give it to your agent then the boss. When you sell real estate you are an independent contactor (self employed) so unlike other jobs it really doesn't weigh too much since there are really no promotions (depends on situation). You are really judged by volume and the amount of income you produce for the office. Although it may be nice for the Broker of the office to see the letter, the actual realtor will benefit more from your letter by using it as a testimonial on their website etc...Referring your realtor to others you know will have the biggest impact!!! If you really want to give a gift maybe give something like a picture of your happy family in front of your new house framed so she can put it up in her office! I have never had any one give me this, but ,a free car wash would be great since realtors are always in their cars and have to keep them looking nice! Whatever you decide please don't feel it is expected! Of course your idea of wine is also nice especially with the holidays coming up. Again, Congrats and enjoy the holidays in your new home!!!

Thanks for your input! We got a gift from our agent, but I really wanted to show her how happy we were with our house and with her service. I like the idea of a pict and the letter, will do that for sure since it is pretty easy to do and seems like something that would be appreciated. Thanks!