PDA

View Full Version : How do the Splendid thermal cowl neck tops run?

Twoboos
11-15-2013, 11:33 PM
There are some at the Nordstrom sale. How do they run? The reviews are mixed - one says small, one says large, two say nothing. ;)

elektra
11-16-2013, 12:37 AM
I would say they run small by "regular" clothes standards. I usually get a Large in splendid, including the thermal cowl neck, but get mediums in most other things like Gap or Anthro or the like. A medium would probably work on me too but it would be on the tighter side.

citymama
11-16-2013, 12:47 AM
I agree with Elektra - size up. I usually buy a small or even M in Splendid modal tops and an XS in most other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

brittone2
11-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Another vote for sizing up

hillview
11-16-2013, 09:24 AM
size up

mikala
11-16-2013, 10:41 AM
I just got a thermal in the piper lime sale and sized up. I think it's my regular size would have been a little too clingy.

arivecchi
11-16-2013, 04:53 PM
size up:yeahthat: I'm a size 2/4 and typically a small but buy size medium splendid tops and sweaters.

joules
11-16-2013, 09:09 PM
I also got one from the piperlime sale. I should have sized up. I am a 2/4 too. I got the small but the medium would have been better. I might give mine to my sister.

stinkyfeet
11-16-2013, 09:17 PM
:yeahthat: I'm a size 2/4 and typically a small but buy size medium splendid tops and sweaters.

I wish I knew this BEFORE I picked up shirts at the Piperlime sale :irked:

I bought my normal size (x-small/small) in the henley thermal and cowl neck thermal. They are snug, but not obscene looking. I feel if I got a size bigger that the seams would not be at the right place on my shoulders.

Can anyone say how much the thermals shrink, so can know whether to keep or return them? Thanks!

firstbaby
11-17-2013, 12:08 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but do they run long? In some of the pictures, they look like a little longer than a t, and in some they look more like a tunic. What bottoms do you wear yours with? Skinny jeans or…?

arivecchi
11-17-2013, 01:22 AM
Yes, they run long. I wear mine with slacks, corduroy pants and jeans.

elektra
11-17-2013, 01:41 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but do they run long? In some of the pictures, they look like a little longer than a t, and in some they look more like a tunic. What bottoms do you wear yours with? Skinny jeans or…?

Yes they run long for a top. I think it is supposed to be a tunic, as in something that covers your butt. I am tall though and it does not really cover me to the point where I can wear only leggings (at least to my own comfort level).

bluestar2
11-17-2013, 07:54 PM
I have a thermal cowl neck and would say it is true to size (I wear a small or 2/4 typically). It stretches out a bit after awhile too. It is hip length, on the long side but not as long as a tunic. I wear mine with skinny jeans because it isn't fitted enough around the waist to wear with a skirt or looser pants. I've accidently dried mine and it didn't shrink much, if at all.

hillview
11-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Yes they run long for a top. I think it is supposed to be a tunic, as in something that covers your butt. I am tall though and it does not really cover me to the point where I can wear only leggings (at least to my own comfort level).

:yeahthat: