PDA

View Full Version : missing "Good Things" please add yours!

Seitvonzu
11-16-2013, 10:21 AM
It's that time of the year again-- fancy sparkly displays are showing up at stores, but after all these years, i still miss Oprahs' "good things" show :) i was thinking about this yesterday at target when i was buying "holiday milk" (they had this in two flavors- snickerdoodle and chocolate mint) and a big canister of "peppermint whipping cream"-- PERFECT for my little peppermint lover :)

mostly i always loved the little, more obtainable things she would highlight. i'm also looking for the perfect emerald green sweater/shirt/cardie-- because *supposedly* green was "the color" this year, and i'm not seeing much of it at all! what's up with that? (i completely gave up on finding DD a cute green dress....i found so few, and then just weren't cute!)

i'll post a couple "good things" to get started:

Peppermint Dairy Whipped Topping (Target, house brand, "limited holiday addition" found in the freezer section on the endcap with other holiday milk/creamers)

Angie's Chocolate covered kettle corn-- i've tried two flavors of this dark chocolate sea salt and white chocolate peppermint-- both delicious. Wegmans has these at 2 for $5 until after christmas. Target has these flavors, plus a gingerbread flavor for $2.99 (i'm looking forward to trying this flavor too). I"m thinking about attaching my teacher gift cards to the white chocolate peppermint flavor (again, in honor of my little peppermint lover will be doing the gifting) -- i figure that even if the teachers don't *like* popcorn for whatever reason- they can regift it or serve it during the holidays. it's very crispy/fresh and has great flavor! The packaging is very attractive. I've seen it sold other places for 4.99--so it's definitely a "treat"

I also bought some ELF Body Shimmer ($3-- comes with a compact of "shimmer" and a brush) for myself, my mother and my SIL-- i thought these would be good for our stockings :) haven't tried it yet, so i can't give it official "good thing" status.

Has anyone tried Starbucks new holiday beverage-- Chesnut Praline Latte? I have not, but plan to today :) it's buy one, get one-- so i'll go on a "date" with my kiddo and report back!

What are you loving/gifting this year? links appreciated!

crl
11-16-2013, 10:37 AM
I love the spearmint lip balm from Purple Prairie. A nice sheer pink, perfect texture on my lips and totally affordable.

http://www.purpleprairie.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=34_70&product_id=114

Catherine

twowhat?
11-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Last year CA Baby had a Douglas Fir bubble bath - I picked it up on the clearance aisle after the holidays and I wish I had just bought all of the bottles - I love the smell!! This year I will keep my eyes peeled:)

TxCat
11-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Thymes Frasier Fir collection - candles, soaps, lotions - it's all amazing.

hellokitty
11-16-2013, 11:44 AM
The Body Shop has a Hemp hand creme/lotion that is wonderful! IDK if everyone will like the smell, I like it, but it is moisturizing w/o leaving a residue. It's on sale right now 50% off at only $10, compared to its regular $20 price tag. It would make a great stocking stuffer for men or women. http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/bath-body-care/hands-feet/hand-care-products/hemp-hand-protector.aspx?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=sem_brd&utm_campaign=Brand-BodyButter&utm_term=bodyshop&utm_content=SiteLink&cm_mmc=LabeliumSearch-_-GoogleLink-_-Offer-_-bodyshop&gclid=CPvDuOvS6boCFUwF4godPiMAGQ

BunnyBee
11-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Thymes Frasier Fir collection - candles, soaps, lotions - it's all amazing.

Yes! Totally worth the price for the candles and house spray. I haven't tried the body items.

egoldber
11-16-2013, 11:46 AM
I love this lip balm!

http://www.kiehls.com/Lip-Balm-1/307,default,pd.html

TxCat
11-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Yes! Totally worth the price for the candles and house spray. I haven't tried the body items.
I usually don't pay $$ for things like scented candles but this is the exception because it is so, so good. Not artificial smelling at all, and the candles last for a long time.

SnuggleBuggles
11-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Someone gifted mr this CO Bigelow Mentha body wash and I love it. It says it will wake you up and it really does! I also love my Pyrex shot glass. It has measurements on the side for ounces, tablespoons, teaspoons and one other. It's so handy and versatile. I use it for making drinks and baking as well as giving kids medicine. $3 at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

3isEnough
11-16-2013, 12:32 PM
I unfortunately don't have any recommendations to add but if you're talking about Oprah's "favorite things" (not sure if "good things" is different?) then I saw something on tv about her favorite things list being in the new issue of O magazine.

larig
11-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Someone gifted mr this CO Bigelow Mentha body wash and I love it. It says it will wake you up and it really does! I also love my Pyrex shot glass. It has measurements on the side for ounces, tablespoons, teaspoons and one other. It's so handy and versatile. I use it for making drinks and baking as well as giving kids medicine. $3 at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

I have that same shot glass--it's awesome! Great stocking stuffer for yourself!

boolady
11-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia perfume. I like her Blackberry & Bay perfume, but I love this one.

Revlon lip butter in Pink Truffle. I usually can't stand the feel/fragrance/taste of inexpensive lip color, but I love this stuff, which is like 1/2 lipstick, 1/2 gloss.

OXO wooden spoons. Best cooking spoons I've had in a long time.

Subscription to Bon Appetit. I love when each month's issue arrives in the mail.

fauve01
11-16-2013, 03:40 PM
I usually don't pay $$ for things like scented candles but this is the exception because it is so, so good. Not artificial smelling at all, and the candles last for a long time.

where do they sell this at a B&M store? I want to smell it before getting it. TIA

TxCat
11-16-2013, 04:01 PM
where do they sell this at a B&M store? I want to smell it before getting it. TIA

http://www.thymes.com/Fragrances/Frasier-Fir/

There is a store locator link on the top right-hand side of the page.

kochh2
11-16-2013, 04:08 PM
check it!!
http://www.oprah.com/gift-list/Oprahs-Favorite-Things-2013/3

Seitvonzu
11-16-2013, 07:41 PM
oh look! oprah! yes-- FAVORITE things. good things is martha ;)

i still want to hear BBB's favorite/good things though :)

Seitvonzu
11-16-2013, 07:44 PM
oh- and i wasn't able to try the chesnut praline drink today, because in PA where i was stopping for my "buy one get one" holiday beverage, they didn't have it yet! (this store always has all the latest and greatest, so i'm not sure why my stores have something that this doesn't)

they also messed up one of my drinks completely-- i wanted a white chocolate peppermint hot chocolate and i got NO peppermint and plain old hot chocolate... uh- that's like a 2 dollar drink vs. a four dollar and my DH doesn't eat REAL chocolate (which white chocolate isn't) and he was sharing with dd who is a peppermint fiend. it was an epic fail and i was so made the whole way home! (it was an hour+ car ride!)

wallawala
11-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Love this thread!!

My favorite Chapstick is "Candy Cane". So yum for you peppermint fans. It's bacccccccccck! (Saw at target yesterday). 3 pack for about $4. I buy in bulk now and use it exclusively all year long. But I'm almost out. Just in time!

Seitvonzu
11-16-2013, 08:04 PM
I picked up a tin of this at Walmart before halloween-- i was hoping it would be awesome for my pepperminty daughter :) awesome - i'm so glad it's good stuff- i'll have to pick up a couple more :):):):) (some for ME for example!)

Love this thread!!

My favorite Chapstick is "Candy Cane". So yum for you peppermint fans. It's bacccccccccck! (Saw at target yesterday). 3 pack for about $4. I buy in bulk now and use it exclusively all year long. But I'm almost out. Just in time!