PDA

View Full Version : When will you be sending out holiday cards this year?

ourbabygirl
11-17-2013, 02:17 PM
I'd like to make it a goal to mail mine out the day before or after Thanksgiving, so I can have them out of the way and enjoy the holiday season more, but I'm worried that'll be a little too 'eager beaver' :loveeyes: and ours will be the only ones people will get for a week or so. I have one old friend who is very type A: even with 4 young boys, she has her act together so much that she sends them out right before Thanksgiving so we get it the day after. I have about 80-90 to send out, so I'll probably start addressing them this week.

How about you? When are you sending yours out?

Thanks for sharing!

StantonHyde
11-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Serioulsy??? Thanksgiving???? My goal is just to get them done by Jan 1. :ROTFLMAO:If I set my expectations low, I usually reach my goal!!

wendibird22
11-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Yes we plan to. We typically send 80 ish. Ours usually don't go out till mid to late December because we do a family pic the same day we do DD2s birthday pic which falls mid December.

Mopey
11-17-2013, 02:23 PM
I voted second week of December since we send happy new year cards as we are not religious :)

And man, we have got to take the picture next weekend! (So now I have to find time for that on top of alllllllll my work. Yikes.)

niccig
11-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Never. We used to send out cards. DH would do the design online, I would print out the labels and we would stuff envelopes together. Once I went back to school and have finals 2nd week of December, DH said we needed to cut back on holiday to-do list, and the cards were crossed off the list. I've told people and no one seemed upset. We'll start up again when I'm done with school.

AngB
11-17-2013, 02:38 PM
I wait b/c I feel like the best deals aren't until closer till Dec. or early Dec to order cards.

goldenpig
11-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Ummm, I still have last year's holiday cards to send out...and I haven't sent DS2's birth announcement either (and he's 8 months old)...:bag
I'm hoping to send them all out with this year's cards! Better late than never, right?

Mommy_Mea
11-17-2013, 03:56 PM
I would love to have mine out before Thanksgiving, especially since Thanksgiving is so late this year, but I haven't found my smokin' deal on cards yet. Last year through Snapfish, my cards were ~$0.50/each, so I am waiting to hit that... I ordered the past two years near the end of November, and I try and send them out right away (or they will never get sent out), so that would put me in the first week of December.

joonbug
11-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Really lol. I feel like such a procrastinator, have not even made mine yet...

Green_Tea
11-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Thanksgiving is the first night of Hanukkah, so I will likely send them out the next day. I want my Jewish friends to get my cards during their holiday season, and I love getting cards throughout December, so the earlier the better.

SnuggleBuggles
11-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Serioulsy??? Thanksgiving???? My goal is just to get them done by Jan 1. :ROTFLMAO:If I set my expectations low, I usually reach my goal!!

:yeahthat: right there with you.

Ceepa
11-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Sending cards out right after Thanksgiving isn't too early IMO, but I'll be getting them out closer to Christmas.

elliput
11-17-2013, 08:45 PM
I have no idea! A couple years ago, I sent out New Years cards so there was no rush to get them out.

ZeeBaby
11-17-2013, 08:49 PM
I usually send them out mid December. I usually take the pics right after Thanksgiving. Hoping to do them Sunday after as usual and cards out by 12/15 depending on my work schedule.

nfowife
11-17-2013, 10:23 PM
My cards are here. But I haven't addressed or stuffed them yet. I plan to send them out by December 6 or so.

marinkitty
11-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Mine are already here but I haven't started addressing them yet. I won't mail till second week of December even though I plan to have them ready to go before Thanksgiving. I have two friends who always mail the day after Thanksgiving and it irritates me (not really sure why but it does) so I would never send mine that early.

carolinacool
11-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Probably mid-December. DS' birthday party is in early December, so to save on a stamp, I put his thank you note in with the Christmas card. Feel free to call me cheap. LOL

Last year, we didn't have a party for him, so I got them out the first weekend of December.

Melaine
11-18-2013, 01:43 PM
I don't even have a good photo of the kids. This thread is giving me a headache. We are hit or miss with cards. I can't even remember if last year was a hit or a miss.

AnnieW625
11-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Not sure. If I can get a good picture of kids at Thanksgiving then they will be out within a few days to week later. If it takes longer than that then it will be mid December. A photo of them in their dresses with lights and the local
canals w/nicely decorated homes in the background is what I am thinking about. I want to do one in their dresses this year or something nicer than play clothes.

lizzywednesday
11-18-2013, 02:32 PM
We're taking our joint family photos on Black Friday at my brother & SIL's apartment, attempting to wrangle 5 children under the age of 5 into dressy clothes and smile for the camera without covering their faces is always fun.

My sister & I will have to brush up on our old Elephant Show repertoire.

So, cards won't go out until after the photos are taken.

And DH needs to sort through DD's year in review to pick shots for our card.

brittone2
11-18-2013, 02:37 PM
I usually send a few days after Thanksgiving or the very beginning of December. We have multiple Dec. bdays, etc. in our family and as a result I tend to order cards early and address, etc. early whenever possible. Otherwise, I know for us it would never get done.

Mommy_Mea
11-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Just noticed Snapfish is 60% off through tomorrow, looks like I am ordering in the next day!

janine
11-18-2013, 03:11 PM
haven't even taken the photos yet...eek