PDA

View Full Version : Men's Wallets

baileygirl
11-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Any suggestions on a men's wallet? I would like to get DH a new one for Christmas. He doesn't seem too picky..has had bifold and trifold in the past. I would like it to be somewhat professional, but have considered a Kevlar one for him. Price range is pretty open, but he is pretty tough on them (i.e. back pocket) so I would prefer it to be under $100. In googling wallets I came across Saddleback, Tumi and Ragged Edge that all looked interesting. Any suggestions? Thanks!

newnana
11-17-2013, 02:51 PM
My DH has one similar to this:

http://www.bigskinny.net/wallet-leather-acrobat.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=wallet-leather-acrobat&gclid=CKin2ZG97LoCFadcMgodS0AA3A

His if from Kohl's and I got it on sale for about $20.

He loves it so much he asked be to buy 5 of them so that he always has a back up when they wear out in case they stop making them.

We heard about it from a contractor we had. He pulled out his wallet to find a business card and I commented that I had never seen one like it. He raved about it for at least the next 5 minutes about how his back hurts less because it really keeps everything so much thinner, that he never has to pull out his ID because of the clear thing for his ID. The things they both love about it are that money clip thing on the interior and the clear ID thing.

lalasmama
11-17-2013, 03:02 PM
You might want to ask him what he prefers/if he minds you buying one. I only say this because I was going to buy DH one for Christmas when he said he needed a new one a little while ago, and he mentioned I may not buy it for him, because choosing a wallet is a very personal thing, kind of like choosing a new purse, LOL, and it can't just be done "willy nilly" because something looks "nice".

But that's just my DH!

Tondi G
11-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I had good luck at Nordstrom Rack last year for DH ... got a nice leather wallet for under $40 I think.

Kindra178
11-17-2013, 03:37 PM
I posted this same question a year or two ago. I went with Cole Haan.

larig
11-17-2013, 06:39 PM
I bought DH a handmade one on etsy. It's lovely. From this store....(his holds an iphone).
http://www.etsy.com/shop/portel?ref=l2-shopheader-name

baileygirl
11-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far! Right now I am considering going to Nordstrom Rack to see what they have...

Mimi, you have a good point about a lot of men being picky about their wallets...but that really isn't my dh (i.e. he usually asks me to pick one out).