PDA

View Full Version : How are all my Midwest boardies doing?

mom2binsd
11-17-2013, 11:13 PM
We had some tornado's touch down not far from here in Washington, Illinois, we had to retreat to the basement for s bit and I have never heard such loud wind in my life! The devastation is unbelievable!
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

swissair81
11-18-2013, 12:39 AM
The wind is really loud and we had thunder storms all day. Lots of people here in SE Michigan have no power. We seem to be lucky in the tornado arena. I think our watch was over at 8 pm and now we just have a high wind advisory. It's still scary sounding.

larig
11-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Although I'm not in IL anymore, I have many friends and family in central and northern IL. All safe, but many without power. I've seen some pictures of the skies during the storm posted by friends and family on FB. Freaky stuff for November.

Indianamom2
11-18-2013, 06:43 AM
We're ok. We had major wind, but no major damage (that we've seen yet!). My in-laws are in the Kokomo, IN. area that was also very hard hit. MIL/FIL have a HUGE tree that fell into half of their house. From the pictures they've sent, it looks to be a lot of major damage. Still, my heart goes out to this in IL. who lost entire neighborhoods. I really fear these late fall storms, because historically they are bad around here.

KrisM
11-18-2013, 07:40 AM
We're in northern Metro Detroit. Super crazy wind and a lot of power outages, but no tornadoes. It's dark still, so not sure if there are trees down or anything. My kids have school, but a lot of districts are closed today.

So sorry for those in the hard hit areas :(.

hellokitty
11-18-2013, 08:23 AM
We are ok. I havent had a chance to go outside and walk around the house, but it appears that we got high winds and heavy rain and that was mostly it. I'm sorry for those of you who had tornadoes hit.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

icunurse
11-18-2013, 08:42 AM
I was at work and we had a lockdown and the power briefly went out, but overall I didn't see too much damage over there. A tornado was witnessed in the town next to me, not too far from my house. Fortunately, our home is okay. IL's have a downed tree. Their neighbors barn collapsed. All my central IL friends are okay, but they know people who lost their home in the tornados. Just horrible....

o_mom
11-18-2013, 09:08 AM
We had lots of wind and rain. No trees down that I can see from my house and I haven't been out to see anywhere else. A tornado came through about 20-30 mi from us. We were under a warning because it came through our county, but clear on the other side of it. We hung out in the basement just in case.

TwinFoxes
11-18-2013, 10:44 AM
We're in northern Metro Detroit. Super crazy wind and a lot of power outages, but no tornadoes. It's dark still, so not sure if there are trees down or anything. My kids have school, but a lot of districts are closed today.

So sorry for those in the hard hit areas :(.

Wow, I didn't know Detroit got slammed. I'll have to check in with the IL's. Glad everyone is OK.

123LuckyMom
11-18-2013, 10:51 AM
I think I was under a rock yesterday, because I just now heard about the tornadoes! I hope all of you in the Midwest are okay! My thoughts and prayers go out to all those hit by the storms.

zag95
11-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Thinking of all you in IL and IN. The pictures are incredible. Wishing you and yours calm and safety as we gear up and get closer to Thanksgiving.

BabbyO
11-18-2013, 11:46 AM
We had mostly rain with some wind in SE WI, but I know there were tornado warnings all across the southern half of the state. The devastation in IL is so sad.