PDA

View Full Version : Lego baseplate for duplos?

KrystalS
11-18-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm making DS a lego table with the Ikea lack table. The regular Lego baseplates are cheaper than Duplo plates, I think I've read here that they work for both? Just want to make sure before I order.

keh602
11-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Yes, the regular base plates work for Duplos too. We made that same Lego table and used them. :)

citymama
11-18-2013, 03:33 PM
I would not recommend it. We bought a Lego baseplate for DD2 and she did not like using it - the Duplo plates work much better.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-18-2013, 03:42 PM
We have both Lego baseplates as well as Duplo baseplates. Yes Lego baseplate is much cheaper.Yes a Lego baseplate will work with Duplos..it is compatible.

That being said, they don't work as well with Duplos as the Duplo baseplate does, in my opinion. i agree with citymama. Duplo baseplate aremuch, much nicer to work with. It's much more sturdy, whereas the Lego baseplate is rather flimsy. i think the duplos stay on better on Duplo baseplate, which is huge for hwen you have little ones that tend to get easily frustrated etc..

However, if you will be gluing into a table, then you may want to consider doing Lego baseplate so it will last longer and then when kids get older they can use it for Legos. At 3 yo DS wanted to move to regular Legos.