PDA

View Full Version : ACK! Blond moment of my career!:(

AnnieW625
11-18-2013, 05:39 PM
So way back in July I applied for a new position in our HR dept.. I honestly thought the position had been postponed or delayed until last Friday 11/15 when I got an email from HR telling me that they want to interview me on 11/20 @ 8:30 so I respond back and say 8:30 am will work, but then moments later they email me back with a new interview time of 8:00 am. I didn't notice that it was 11/18 at 8 am! So today my DD2 is sick and so I said I would stay home until 12 and then go into work because I have a case at court and I have to be available by phone. So I am here awaiting the call and wearing jeans, a cardigan, and a navy blue camisole (standard casual Friday wear; not the normal business casual to nicer suit separates I usually wear M-Th) because I didn't feel like dressing up for a 1/2 day of work.

I sent an email and left a v/m for the HR scheduler just now (and she had left me a message at 8:07.)

I haven't interviewed for any other position in my agency in 8 yrs. and this is the first one outside of my current program. I am hoping for a reschedule so I need some mojo, but I totally get it if I screwed that up. Ugh.

hellokitty
11-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Oh no, I hope that they will give you a second chance. I screwed up last yr for an interview (we were on vacation and I did not get the VM about being called back for an interview until two wks later) bias against me (and I knew it during the interview, the questions they asked were unreasonably difficult). I am always on the ball with stuff like this, so I totally sympathize with you on how this is one of those fluke slip ups, and now you are afraid that it reflects poorly on you. I hope that since this is within your own company that they will cut you a break. :hug:

Simon
11-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Oh no! I hope they can reschedule for you. I'm sure it felt just awful when you realized, I'm so sorry!

AshleyAnn
11-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Oh that's tough! Hope the BBB mojo will get it to all work out

Gracemom
11-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Yikes! I got lost on the way to a 3rd interview once with the agency director (nonprofit). I was 10 min. late but I still got hired. Hopefully they give you another chance!

AnnieW625
11-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks all. I ended up getting it rescheduled for yesterday. Thanks for all of the mojo. Even if I don't get the job I felt the interview went better than I thought it would because it had been so long since I had interviewed for a job. Lots of other people applied as well so it is going to be tough as there is only 1 position in our office.

SnuggleBuggles
11-20-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm glad they rescheduled!

bisous
11-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Good update, Annie! Glad they were able to reschedule and that you got some interview experience. If it is the right job for you, I hope you get it! :)

hellokitty
11-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Annie, great update! I hope you get the position!