PDA

View Full Version : The instructors better be more competent than the desk staff

crl
11-18-2013, 10:31 PM
I am trying to sign my kids up for swim lessons. I called the facility which insisted that I had to create my own account online and then they would contact me to schedule trial classes. I created my account and waited. No one contacted me.

So I emailed, using the email address I registered under, and gave the kids first names and the level of classes and my preferred day. Got an email back asking for the kids' last name. Not sure why they can't look that up in my account--you know, the one they insisted I create. Fine, I answered. Got an email asking which location--the other one is an hour away from my home address so I think it is pretty obvious but whatever, I answer. Radio silence. I email again including the entire chain saying, can we please schedule these. Response is, what day?

SERIOUSLY? How many times do I have to respond with information I have already provided? This place comes highly recommended by several parents, so I am really hoping the instructors are better than the desk staff!

Catherine

BunnyBee
11-18-2013, 11:58 PM
All the ones I've ever called have been woefully unimpressive, from the YMCA to private $$$ facilities. Maybe the chlorine fumes inhibit the customer service providing and organizing sections of the brain.

crl
11-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Grr. After the class they tell me ds should be a level lower. Fine, but I'd just like to know why. Not because I want to argue, but because I like to know where my kid is. They don't know. They can go ask an instructor. Why wouldn't you automatically give this information? Doesn't everyone want it? I tell them just to let me know next time because I am standing there with two kids trying to get this done.

Then they tell me that even though the person on the phone said it wouldn't be a problem to do the trial today and enroll starting in December, they can't actually do that. We either have to enroll starting next week and have a make up to try to get to right off the bat, or I have to call and enroll them later because they can only enroll seven days out. Oh, and they tell me this half way through the process so I have already been charged the enrollment fee, which they can refund and I can start this process all over again in a week. So sorry, but there is nothing we can do.

And it took TWENTY FIVE minutes to do this despite the fact that I had registered them online already.

I should have just walked out, but this is the only indoor pool that isn't freezing cold anywhere near.

So frustrated.

Catherine

georgiegirl
11-21-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm sorry, that sounds awful. Hopefully once you start lessons, it will be smooth sailing from here.

Our YMCA has an awesome indoor pool and great lessons, but you have to wake up at 5 am to get your child a spot since it is so popular.

crl
11-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Five am, whoa. To top it all off, I got a confirmation email for one kid but not the other. Response was sorry but they are both enrolled. Why oh why does every step of this require so many back and forths.

Can't wait until I have to cancel the classes in three months because baseball starts back up. Wonder how many go rounds that will take. Sheesh.

Catherine