PDA

View Full Version : Ruh. Roh. At least 7 packages are due to arrive tomorrow on my doorstep.

oneplustwo
11-19-2013, 12:27 AM
Anyone else getting overrun with boxes being delivered these days? I have two kids with a birthday coming up in one week, Christmas, plus DH's birthday the day after Christmas. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. ;)

ba_mom
11-19-2013, 06:13 AM
LOL... Same here. I think DH is getting tired of breaking down my boxes for recycling. Between being an Amazon Prime member and all these holiday sales, I'm getting to know my UPS and fedex carriers all too well...

WatchingThemGrow
11-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Yesterday I was on DD's field trip and the UPS carrier who has been mostly delivering to me since before I was married, came walking up to the bank the group was walking out of. He kindly mentioned the huge box he delivered to my house last week. (Lifetime Dome Climber, weight 104 pounds) I said the sticker said "machine lift" and he replied that HE was the machine that lifted it. Ouch. I feel like I should be getting him a thank you gift!

Later, the other driver sometimes on our route dropped 2 boxes during a playdate with 6 kids. My DS2 ran inside to get a knife and started cutting the tape and screaming, "This is Lego Friends! I can see it." I'm going to have to make a new plan or abide by DH's spending ban.

liz
11-19-2013, 09:19 AM
oh yes, lots and lots of boxes here. I am just about to put an official stop to looking for deals- my credit card is smoking!