PDA

View Full Version : Disney On Ice Seats?

rachelh
11-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Major life decisions here...:ROTFLMAO:

Where is the best place to sit for a Disney on Ice show? Do we want to be sitting on the "short" end of the rink or can we sit on a longer side?
I don't want to be straining to be looking down the rink the whole time and see their backs. I've been to one before but cannot remember.

TIA!

BabyBearsMom
11-19-2013, 12:42 PM
We have been to two shows in two different venues. I think they do a really good job of moving around the rink so you get a good view no matter where you are so long as your seat isn't an obstructed view seat. The first time we went, we sat on the long side and the second time the short, and they were equally as good. Have fun!

Dream
11-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Like PP mentioned there's action all over and you get a pretty good look from where ever. We went to see it in the Nassau Coliseum about 2 weeks ago and sat in the long side but towards the beginning of the short side. I don't mind the long side but closer, I felt we were too far behind. I think a lot depends on the stadium. In the Nassau coliseum I wouldn't pick the shorter side, they have some dinner packages so the dinner tables are at the shorter side before the audience. I saw Disney on Ice in the NJ stadium and we sat on the shorter side and I loved the seats, it was so close to the rink. Enjoy!!

Pennylane
11-19-2013, 04:03 PM
The long side, as close to middle as you can get is best. We once did VIP and say at the food tables at the end and I felt like we missed much. Don't get seats too low either. Lots of times these are chairs that are set on the ice and your feet freeze!

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

WatchingThemGrow
11-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Is a corner okay maybe 15 rows up?? That's what we got, back in July.

PZMommy
11-19-2013, 08:52 PM
I would avoid the corners. As a former ice skater, prime seats are always in the middle of the long sides. The cheaper seats are the ends and balconies. Programs are designed to be looked at from the long sides.

newnana
11-19-2013, 10:55 PM
We LOVE corner seats for Disney on ice. At the ones we've been to, they typically put up this podium things in the corners towards the crowd and at points during the show some of the cast will get up on them and wave or have part of their skits.

rachelh
11-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Thank you all!! I bought basically in the middle of the long side. I am sure the kids will enjoy regardless. We have been doing the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade for the past few years but based on the weather here lately, I really don't think I want to be standing outside for hours with them.

WatchingThemGrow
01-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Just wanted to report that the corner seats were great for Disney on ice! We were about 15 rows from the bottom, and it was wonderful to see all the faces, the characters on the corner podium, and everything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)