PDA

View Full Version : Does lego.com ever have free shipping or discount codes?

citymama
11-20-2013, 04:12 AM
I'm looking to buy a Duplo set for DD2 that appears to only be available at lego.com. It's $49, and the FS minimum is $75. Anyone know how to get FS on lego.com for $49 and up, or if there are discount codes available? Thanks!

ellas_mom
11-21-2013, 01:05 AM
What set are you looking for? Do you have a Lego store in your area? If the store doesn't carry it, you can have an associate order the set for you and have it shipped for free from lego.com. Lego.com doesn't have sale promotions very often except when they're clearing out older sets, they will move them to the Sales and Deals section. This Black Friday, lego.com will most likely have some kind of special promotion going on. In the past it was 10% off if you spend over $149; free limited Holiday Edition set with orders of $99 or more; and free shipping on all orders of $49 or more. Lego store will also markdown certain sets from 25%-50%. HTH :)

Last year, the free limited Holiday Edition was this:

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/files/2012/11/lego_2012_holdiay_set_pieces.jpg

citymama
11-21-2013, 02:45 AM
Thanks! I might wait till BF to buy. I was looking for the Duplo Cars "Pit Stop" which appears to be sold out or overpriced elsewhere. TRU shows it online but not available to buy online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ellas_mom
11-21-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure if this set is still available. Unfortunately, the set that you're looking for (The Pit Stop #5829) came out about 2 yrs ago and has been discontinued by Lego. I remember this set b/c my DS actually received this for a bday present when he was 4. I just checked lego.com and it says it's "sold out" so it's no longer available online. :( I think the only way for you to find this set is to search on ebay, amazon (through 3rd party sellers), or even in a Lego store that may still carry this set. TRU shows that it's only available through Free Store Pickup. I think this means that there're a few TRU stores out there that may still have this set available. Maybe you can call their customer service number and see if someone can locate which store(s) for you and see if they can ship it to you (or if you live near that store for a free pickup)?? There is also a 15% off code that can be applied to regular priced purchase that is expiring today 11/21. Good luck!

citymama
11-21-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure if this set is still available. Unfortunately, the set that you're looking for (The Pit Stop #5829) came out about 2 yrs ago and has been discontinued by Lego. I remember this set b/c my DS actually received this for a bday present when he was 4. I just checked lego.com and it says it's "sold out" so it's no longer available online. :( I think the only way for you to find this set is to search on ebay, amazon (through 3rd party sellers), or even in a Lego store that may still carry this set. TRU shows that it's only available through Free Store Pickup. I think this means that there're a few TRU stores out there that may still have this set available. Maybe you can call their customer service number and see if someone can locate which store(s) for you and see if they can ship it to you (or if you live near that store for a free pickup)?? There is also a 15% off code that can be applied to regular priced purchase that is expiring today 11/21. Good luck!

Thanks so much! PM me if you want to sell me your set! ;) DD2 really wants the Fillmore. I'll try TRU as well.

ellas_mom
11-21-2013, 09:11 PM
You're welcome. :)