PDA

View Full Version : WWYD? How far from home would you travel for "cheap" studio photos of your kids?

AnnieW625
11-20-2013, 03:28 PM
I live in the land of excess (example: there are 5 Targets, 5 Costcos, 3 Wal Marts, and 3 mid size shopping malls in less than 10 miles from my doorstep), but my options for "cheap" instore studio photos are 2 Targets (one which I don't like at all--Cerritos West), and 3 Picture People locations all more than 10, but less than 25 miles (Redondo, Torrance, and Santa Ana) from my house. I used to go to the one Target that I like (Seal Beach), but the last time we went a few years ago I was less than happy so we switched to Kiddie Kandids, but they have now since closed. There is a JC Penney at our local mall as well, but they are booked on the weekend.

I hate that I waited this long to have DD2's 3 yr. old school like studio photos taken (I am a sucker for studio photos (does that require a large :bag?)), but DD2 had stitches on her head (she fell and cut her forehead about a month ago) and they have all finally came out.

So my options are the Picture People in Torrance (inside Buy Buy Baby) or the Target 6 miles from my house. I feel like it is excessive to drive 15 miles to Torrance, but it gets good reviews on yelp and it looks like they have 20 minute slots vs. 10 minutes or at least have more than one studio spot, and I don't have time to do another session if I am kicked out after 10 minutes.

A Picture People plus is that I can take the photos home that day and they won't print extra photos without my knowledge which I am pretty sure Target still does because they are Lifetouch (and Lifetouch always printed extras).

So WWYD? (Bonus points if you have used either store near me). Feel free to PM me as well.

crl
11-20-2013, 03:30 PM
I'd go a little farther if you think you will be happier. It's not like it's a recurring commitment.

Catherine

hillview
11-20-2013, 03:35 PM
I'd go a little farther if you think you will be happier. It's not like it's a recurring commitment.

Catherine
:yeahthat: