PDA

View Full Version : Shirts for 5 year old DS

legaleagle
11-20-2013, 04:35 PM
So I don't know if I'm just not looking in the right places but poor DS1 has no t shirts that fit. In size 5(T) Gap/ON/Crazy 8 the arms & torso are too short, but the small (6-7) size is an enormous tent. He does have a couple H&M shirts in the 4-6 size that fit well, though also on the edge of being outgrown. He's above average in height, with a slightly longer torso but is pretty average in weight, I think - do I just need to look at different brands for somewhat taller & leaner kids?

sariana
11-20-2013, 04:41 PM
That age is tough, IME. I had a terrible time with DS when he was too big for size 4T but not yet ready for boys' small.

You could try Chaps and Tony Hawk (both available at Kohl's). IME they tend to run leaner than other brands. My DS is really skinny but all his height in his legs. Chaps pants work better for him than most brands. I have been really grateful for the "skinny jean" trend because DS needs that style to get jeans that just look normal!

ETA: I don't get to H & M often, but when I have bought things there, they tend to work well for DS. So it sounds as though our boys have similar builds.

legaleagle
11-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks - I always forget about kohls even though they opened one 10 minutes from my house recently. Definitely the price point I'm looking for!

essnce629
11-20-2013, 09:50 PM
I pretty much get all of my boys' t-shirts, both long and short sleeved, from Naartjie. DS2 is 4.5 yrs old, 42" tall, 41 lbs, and is wearing a size 5 in all their shirts. I usually get them all for around $8 each.

curiousgeorge
11-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Will you share his height/weight? My 4.5 year old is very tall and thin too. He's 48" and 46lbs. If yours is around that size I can give you some ideas.

legaleagle
11-21-2013, 12:04 AM
He's 43lbs, not sure on height but probably 45-46". He definitely carries his height in his torso though - he's consistently been one size bigger on top since he was born.

curiousgeorge
11-21-2013, 12:24 AM
He's 43lbs, not sure on height but probably 45-46". He definitely carries his height in his torso though - he's consistently been one size bigger on top since he was born.

So we've had luck with a few things. My mom loves to buy him Hanna and mini Boden and both seem to run narrow but long enough to work. We just roll the sleeves up on the Hanna stuff if its a bit long (size 120). The mini Boden size 5-6 fits perfectly right now.

Also look in the boys section at Target (the next one up from the toddler sizes) and try the XS size there. The circo brand long sleeve Ts have worked for us.

legaleagle
11-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks so much - I'm thinking it might actually make sense to spend a bit more than I have been since both DS will wear them eventually and mini boden sure is cute, but good to know that target works too.

Aishe
11-23-2013, 01:19 PM
My go-tos for my super-skinny ds are Kohls and Target (must be Jumpin' Beans and Circo brands, respectively), and Children's Place. Pretty much everything else looks ridiculous on him.