PDA

View Full Version : Where do we eat in MK if all restaurants are fully booked?

elizamom
11-20-2013, 07:42 PM
We may attempt be our guest for lunch. We will try to get there very early...
But what about dinner? I don't want to eat overpriced, bad food. I prefer the overpriced, good food. :)
Can we leave the park, eat at a resort, and come back on just a one day ticket? Or will that be too much of a time suck?
Any recommendations?

Starfish
11-21-2013, 01:44 AM
Are you staying on property? Disney recently rolled out their Fast Pass + system. I was able to get a FP+ lunch reservation at Be Our Guest. Saved us over an hr on line without one! (We were there 2 weeks ago)
Here is the link: https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/. You won't find this on the regular Disney site. I got this link from the easywdw.com site....so helpful!
You'll need the 12 digit number on the back of your Magic Band to reserve.

TwinFoxes
11-21-2013, 07:44 AM
You can take the monorail to Contemporary and eat at Chef Micky's. Personally, I wouldn't, I'd just eat in the park for one day. We've had luck at the restaurant in Liberty Square.

ETA: I meant Liberty Tree Tavern…I couldn't remember the name for the life of me! It's a sit down restaurant, but we've been able to just walk up and be seated. The food is served family style.

hellokitty
11-21-2013, 08:04 AM
So you will just be at magic kingdom? For one day I'd just do another counter service. Columbia harbor house is excellent. Sit on the second floor, its pretty quiet up there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

kaharris83
11-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Was just there last week and didn't have a reservation to Be Our Guest for lunch. We got in after a 15 minute wait. We were in line at 1045. They open at 1030 and they have 3 huge dining rooms. So even if the line looks long at 1030 they accomodate a ton of people. The time we waited was just the people ahead of us getting their orders in. It was delicious and such cool themeing.

ETA If you have someone willing to wait in line for the rest of your party, you can continue riding rides while someone waits in line. Lots of people were doing that.

egoldber
11-21-2013, 09:21 AM
I would just do another counter service. I wouldn't leave and come back, that will take well over an hour, even top the closest location.

westwoodmom04
11-21-2013, 10:15 AM
For dinner, I would leave and come back (not sure how it works with your ticket though). Staying all day at the parks may be a bit much for your younger child. I also do not like counter service. Depending on how much you want to spend, there are several options at the resorts near the parks, there are two good restaurant, but expensive at the Grand Floridian, a fun Hawaiian themed buffet at the Polynesian (with silly kids games led by the staff), and the Contemporary has the California Grill (expensive) and the Wave. I wouldn't go to Chef Mickey unless you are going for the characters.

elizamom
11-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Thank you! I'm still not entirely sure about our dinner plans but I think we will try for an early be our guest lunch.

SnuggleBuggles
11-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Are you there over the holidays? If so, it might be a risk to leave due to closing for capacity reasons.

When we've gone, we just do counter service. Sure, it's mediocre but one (or a few) days of it isn't awful. I'd rather eat conveniently and not miss the park fun. Just aim for 11:30 vs noon, 5:30 vs 6...long lines for that food is the bigger problem.

cookiemonster80
11-24-2013, 05:01 PM
You can take the monorail to Contemporary and eat at Chef Micky's. Personally, I wouldn't, I'd just eat in the park for one day. We've had luck at the restaurant in Liberty Square.

ETA: I meant Liberty Tree Tavern…I couldn't remember the name for the life of me! It's a sit down restaurant, but we've been able to just walk up and be seated. The food is served family style.

Agree on this- we had good food and walked up with a party of 10 on dec 22!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

123LuckyMom
11-24-2013, 05:30 PM
We always go to Liberty Tree Tavern if that's the one sort of between Fantasyland and the Hall of Presidents.

123LuckyMom
11-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Another CS that's pretty good is in Frontier land. I think it's Pecos Bill or something like that.

hellokitty
11-25-2013, 09:35 AM
OP, I guess that you need to narrow down if you want a counter service or table service. Columbia House, Pecos Bill, Pinocchio Village Haus (the one where you can see the It's a Small World Ride from the windows, but it may be under refurbishment) are all counter service restaurants. Liberty Tree Tavern is a sit down restaurant, and it is all-you-can eat american foods in family style where a server brings it to you, so you don't have to go up to a buffet line. I personally think it tastes like cafeteria food, the dessert was the only thing I thought was good. The Crystal Palace is another sit down option, it is a Winnie and Pooh (and friends), character meal and is buffet style. Btwn LTT and CP, I'd choose CP over LLT, if you want to do sit down. I would NOT leave the park, esp if you are going during a busy season. If you aren't going during a busy season and it's not free dining, you may have some luck doing a walk up, but if you want to so sit down, I highly encourage you to make an ADR, or you may end up wasting a lot of time waiting for a table or jumping from restaurant to restaurant looking for options. The Plaza is another sit down restaurant, it specializes mostly in sandwiches, BUT it is very tiny with not a lot of seating inside. Oh and BOG is counter service for lunch, but sit down for dinner. It is such a new restaurant and ppl want to go there, that if you would even consider it for dinner, you basically have to have an ADR. The BOG line was waaaay too long when we tried to go there for lunch last time, so we skipped it.

Oh and one tip if you want to try to get there when it's not busy, is to either go early (before 5pm) or later. We usually tried to do dinner around 5pm-5:30pm and it was usually still quiet enough in the restaurants, that it wasn't chaotic and a big rush.

123LuckyMom
11-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Okay, so then it's Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bill that we ate in. I didn't think the food was that bad, honestly. We were pleasantly surprised. We also brought PB&J, Greek yogurt, cheese, nuts, and some fruit with us in a small, soft cooler each day, and usually the kids just ate from that for lunch. We would only buy milk for them most days.

egoldber
11-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Columbia Harbour House is one of our favs in the MK. Even when it's crowded downstairs, it's often quiet upstairs. We like to sit near the windows. :)

ChefGirl
11-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Columbia Harbour House is one of our favs in the MK. Even when it's crowded downstairs, it's often quiet upstairs. We like to sit near the windows. :)

We are here this week. So far, CHH is the BEST FOOD we had this week. The New England chowder is awesome for $4.99. Kids were sad that we weren't able to go back there for dinner. We didn't enjoy the food at Epcot. We did like Cooke's in Downtown Disney. Wonder what's in store for us tomorrow at HS...