PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bjorn vs Guava Lotus travel crib

rolypoly27
11-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Which would you recommend? It would be for our 3 mo (until she grows out of it) for home and short sleepovers or weekend trips. We rarely travel by plane (maybe 1 trip per year, if that). There are pros/cons to both, and I'm having a hard time deciding. I like that the Bjorn has a comfier mattress and that I can use a generic sheet with it. I like that the Lotus has a side door, folds compactly, and is a little less expensive. Anyone with IRL experiences with either of these?

maybeebaby08
11-20-2013, 09:26 PM
I got a Lotus after reading about it here, and I love it! I wish I had bought one earlier. I bought a queen sized sheet at Target and made two sheets from that for it. I basically just made pillowcases to fit the mattress and it was $13 for two sheets. I'd get the Lotus. DD2 sleeps very well in it.

kaharris83
11-20-2013, 09:40 PM
I had both. To me the Lotus wins between the two. I like that it can be washed and how nice and compact it folds. I bought the Guava sheets because I'm not crafty enough to sew. Guava Family has awesome customer service too. I also had their GoCrib and loved that one as well.

Chitowngirl
11-20-2013, 10:04 PM
I bought the bjorn before the lotus came out, but never actually used it as the trip I got it for was canceled. By the time I needed to travel again the lotus was on the market. It got such rave reviews on amazon I returned the bjorn and gl

Chitowngirl
11-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Oops. Accidentally hit send while typing on my phone.

Anyway, I returned the bjorn and got the lotus. I love it. My baby sleeps great in it and in between traveling we keep it in the bathroom filled with toys and he plays happily in there while I shower and brush my teeth every morning. I did not buy the custom sheets. I just USR regular sheets I got off amazon. I can't remember the brand but I can look of you are interested. The only difference between their sheets and the ones I bought if there is no hole for the Velcro tab to attach. It's really no big deal - I just push the sheet around the Velcro. The sheet stays on just fine.

I don't have a true comparison with the bjorn since I never actually used it, but I love how much more compact this is. I also love the backpack straps on the carrier - makes it so easy to transport. I thought I'd love the zipper on the side, but we use they rarely. Usually when I want him in there I want him contained so having a place he can crawl out of isn't too helpful. Maybe I'll use that feature more when he is older.

rolypoly27
11-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Oops. Accidentally hit send while typing on my phone.

Anyway, I returned the bjorn and got the lotus. I love it. My baby sleeps great in it and in between traveling we keep it in the bathroom filled with toys and he plays happily in there while I shower and brush my teeth every morning. I did not buy the custom sheets. I just USR regular sheets I got off amazon. I can't remember the brand but I can look of you are interested. The only difference between their sheets and the ones I bought if there is no hole for the Velcro tab to attach. It's really no big deal - I just push the sheet around the Velcro. The sheet stays on just fine.

I don't have a true comparison with the bjorn since I never actually used it, but I love how much more compact this is. I also love the backpack straps on the carrier - makes it so easy to transport. I thought I'd love the zipper on the side, but we use they rarely. Usually when I want him in there I want him contained so having a place he can crawl out of isn't too helpful. Maybe I'll use that feature more when he is older.

Can you link to the sheets you used with the crib?

Chitowngirl
11-25-2013, 10:47 PM
These jersey ones from sheet world. They are super soft and so far have held up well. If you search for them on amazon by name you'll find a ton of different colors and patterns.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003L1X5R0/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1385433824&sr=8-13&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

rolypoly27
11-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the link. It looks like the sheets are more expensive with shipping than the Lotus fitted sheet.