PDA

View Full Version : Amazon return question

petesgirl
11-21-2013, 11:55 AM
I ordered a 4-pack of aden + anais swaddle blankets from amazon last week. Well, they arrived a few days ago but they sent the wrong product. They sent a 1-pack of the dream blanket instead. How do I go about returning the item and getting my money back? I don't want them to send the original item anymore because it was to be for a baby gift that my mom wanted to ship to another state but now my mom has decided that she will just send money instead since we wont have time to return this, get the new item, package it with her other gifts and send it off.

Momit
11-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Live chat with Amazon and tell them it was the wrong item. You can explain that since it was supposed to be a gift, and the replacement would not arrive in time, you would like a refund because you will need to get something else at a local store.

Amazon's CS is very helpful IME.

pastrygirl
11-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Yes, do a live chat. I had to do that once because the online return form wouldn't let me request a refund, it only allowed an exchange. The chat person emailed me a return label. After my return was received, they still didn't refund the item (they did the other three items) and when I chatted again, they said it was marked as not received…probably because the item I returned was NOT the item I ordered, but it was the item they'd sent me! The chat person processed a refund on the spot, no hassle!