PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime Shipping Not Living Up to Its Promise

mommylamb
11-21-2013, 12:30 PM
I ordered something from Amazon on Tuesday (the 19th), and I was just looking at the autoconfirm email, and it says the expected delivery date is Monday the 25th, even though it says that the shipping speed is Two-Day Shipping. I'm a prime member and this is a prime eligible item. Not a problem for me because I don't need it before Monday (it's part of DS1's Hanukkah present), but I'm slightly irked. I don't really have the energy to complain, but that just kind of stinks on their part.

SnuggleBuggles
11-21-2013, 12:32 PM
And it said, "this item normally ships in X days" in the description? I've been burned forgetting to read that in the past.

pastrygirl
11-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Do you remember what it said when you ordered? Sometimes it says it requires another few days/weeks to fulfill. Also, it seems like lately, the *shipping* is promised to take two days, but the *getting the thing out the door from the warehouse* can take any number of days.

mommylamb
11-21-2013, 12:35 PM
I honestly don't remember. I just noticed this because it has happened to me before with Prime shipping. On the email it just has the estimated delivery date, but still says it's 2-day shipping.

crl
11-21-2013, 01:58 PM
And it said, "this item normally ships in X days" in the description? I've been burned forgetting to read that in the past.

:yeahthat: I think it is really disingenuous of them to do this.

Catherine

AngB
11-21-2013, 02:06 PM
That is obnoxious. I ended up finally buying it for the student rate and it would have never even occurred to me to make sure it said "ships now" or whatever if it was prime-eligible.

janine
11-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Yea I'm surprised...never had that happen with PRIME. Even with super saving (5-8 days) they give that late estimate but I get it 3 days usually. If you do the chat funciton, they'll take care of it but I agree if you don't need it, it's just annoying to have to bother.

AnnieW625
11-21-2013, 03:09 PM
I have had pretty good luck with it, but did have a few items take 3 days to get to me instead of 2. If it wasn't for the free prime video we would probably not have prime.

FTMLuc
11-21-2013, 05:21 PM
I bought a Prime eligible item on lightning deal yesterday, and it has estimated arrival date of Tuesday. I am not is a rush, but I also noticed it today and it kind of irked me.

georgiegirl
11-21-2013, 05:45 PM
That has only happened to me once. With DD's Halloween costume. I thought it would arrive on a Tuesday or Friday, but it didn't come until Tuesday. Dd was crying about it.

Pennylane
11-21-2013, 10:21 PM
I have a package that was supposed to be here Wednesday and still hasn't shown up. Very frustrating as it is a book DD needs for school.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

wellyes
11-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Prime doesn't count Saturday as a 'day' anymore. It used to. That's the most annoying part to me.