PDA

View Full Version : Really? A potty with a built in iPad holder...

TwinFoxes
11-21-2013, 05:44 PM
I thought this was a joke when DH showed me:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/2-in-1-iPotty-with-Activity-Seat-for-iPad-reg-by-CTA-Digital/1041768105?Keyword=potty+ipad

Doesn't it look like something SNL would come up with in one of their "commercials"?

Momit
11-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Yes - like Bad Idea Jeans. Lol.

maestramommy
11-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Not sure how I feel about this, but trying not to laugh.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Good lord, that is sad.

I can't imagine anybody forking over $40 for this.

It does seem like a spoof. I mean, if you 2yo really needs to use the IPad while on the potty, just have him/her put it on the dang floor.

carolinacool
11-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Like no one else takes their phone into the potty? :bag

That is pretty funny! I wonder if it was at the ABC Expo this year?! LOL

squimp
11-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Hmmmm......potty training AND a $400+ gadget. I'll take 2, just let me update my Applecare to cover pee.

jam224
11-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Yup, definitely ridiculous. Interestingly, it was one of the Gold Box Deals of the day today on Amazon! 58% claimed for $24.94! :ROTFLMAO:
http://oi44.tinypic.com/r76hyb.jpg

hellokitty
11-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Lol, this would be a great gag baby shower gift!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

♥ms.pacman♥
11-21-2013, 08:40 PM
hmmmm......potty training and a $400+ gadget. I'll take 2, just let me update my applecare to cover pee.

:rotflmao:

Ceepa
11-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Who would encourage this? Blech.

egoldber
11-21-2013, 09:22 PM
I showed my family and younger DD yelled, "AWESOME!" :ROTFLMAO:

Who would encourage this?

Ummm...well, older DD spent a LOT of time watching videos while sitting on the portable potty when she first trained. I'm not sure how this is different? Many people no longer have DVDs, just downloads or streaming.

And really, a portable potty is typically at least $20ish no?

bigsis
11-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Like no one else takes their phone into the potty? :bag
Guilty!!! :bag
Hilarious product! These kids are seriously going to think we were like Little House on the Prairie with paper books. :47:

Ceepa
11-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Ummm...well, older DD spent a LOT of time watching videos while sitting on the portable potty when she first trained. I'm not sure how this is different? Many people no longer have DVDs, just downloads or streaming.

See, I hated potty training and my kids were the ones who could just hang out forever if left to it. LOL. So putting a screen a foot in front of them would have been a huge distraction.

But I also don't get reading in the bathroom.

TwinFoxes
11-21-2013, 10:21 PM
I showed my family and younger DD yelled, "AWESOME!" :ROTFLMAO:

And really, a portable potty is typically at least $20ish no?

I love your DD's reaction, I have a feeling that would be the reaction for most in the 7 and younger set. :)

Potty training two at a time, I had ZERO desire to encourage them to stay in the bathroom longer. I was already spending ridiculous amounts of time in there. It would never have occurred to me in a million years that someone let their kid watch videos in there.

egoldber
11-21-2013, 10:28 PM
It would never have occurred to me in a million years that someone let their kid watch videos in there.

Ha ha, so I'll just dig myself in deeper here. It's a portable potty, so I sat her on it in the family room. :o She watched TV until she produced, then we went nuts cheering and she got a prize. I swear I read this method in a book. ;)

Note, this method did not work at all with younger DD. Although maybe it would have worked if we'd had an iPad at the time. :p

ArizonaGirl
11-21-2013, 10:28 PM
OMG, thats all!

cookiemonster80
11-21-2013, 10:39 PM
I would actually use this! Dd sat for-ev-er on her potty on the kitchen floor while training- we rigged up the iPad so she could see it, but this would have been better. She needed lots of time to actually get that she was supposed to go- this would have helped her hang out there happily- flame me now!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

azzeps
11-21-2013, 11:19 PM
I think it could be useful. I can't get my son to sit long enough to go. He hops off and says he's done. This might actually help.

twowhat?
11-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Nope. The entire tablet must be flagged.

eta: though the girls take books in the bathroom all the time...it does help them sit there long enough to poop. Especially since DD2 is a withholder. So I guess this isn't much different:) But I think about that Seinfeld episode EVERY time a book goes into the bathroom:)

squimp
11-22-2013, 12:15 AM
My DD saw it and said "oh, look, it's an iPotty!"

:D

essnce629
11-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Ha ha, so I'll just dig myself in deeper here. It's a portable potty, so I sat her on it in the family room. :o She watched TV until she produced, then we went nuts cheering and she got a prize. I swear I read this method in a book. ;)

Yes to this! I never put the potties in the bathroom till my kids were fully potty trained! I had one in the living room and one in the playroom. I knew they would never stop playing and go potty if it was way far away in the bathroom so I always kept the potty in whatever room we were in. It must have worked though since both of my kids potty trained in a week at 24 months old!