PDA

View Full Version : Where to find: Turkish Delight ?

GaPeach_in_Ca
11-21-2013, 07:05 PM
A classmate brought Turkish Delight candy as part of a book report last year and now my son has asked for it for Christmas (lemon flavored, only, preferred).

Has anyone seen it in a store? They have some on Amazon, but I would prefer to buy local.

hellokitty
11-21-2013, 08:14 PM
We got some from world market. It was delicious.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

GaPeach_in_Ca
11-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Perfect! Thanks hellokitty.

musicalgrl
11-21-2013, 10:04 PM
TJMaxx / Marshalls / Home Goods

bigsis
11-21-2013, 11:16 PM
I just found the recipe for this! (As a matter of fact, it's chilling in the fridge) I didn't know they had these in the stores! This is one of the few things my DS can have. He has food allergies.

hellokitty
11-22-2013, 12:47 AM
I just found the recipe for this! (As a matter of fact, it's chilling in the fridge) I didn't know they had these in the stores! This is one of the few things my DS can have. He has food allergies.

Oooh, please share the recipe!

KpbS
11-22-2013, 01:11 AM

Yes, please! DS also has lots of FA and would be thrilled to try it. He's a big fan of the Chronicles of Narnia. :)

bigsis
11-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Oh, geez! I hope we are talking about the same thing! :bag I found this recipe in the Clubhouse Magazine paper copy, but for some reason it's not coming up on their website. Maybe the issue I have is too recent? Nevertheless, here it is:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
3 ozs (small) box Jell-O (any flavor)
10 1/2 oz bag of miniature marshmallows

Directions:
-Grease a 9x13 inch pan,line with waxed paper and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
-Boil 1/2 cup water in a large pot and stir in Jell-O.
-Add marshmallows and heat on low until melted.
-Pour Jell-O mixture into pan and chill until firm. Cut into small pieces with a wet knife.
-Place squares of Turkish Delight and remaining powdered sugar in a plastic bag. Toss until Jell-O is evenly coated with sugar.

MMMommy
11-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Nuts.com has quite the variety of flavors!

http://www.nuts.com/chocolatessweets/snacks/turkish-delight/

buttercup
11-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Whole Foods has it. Fresh Turkish delight is amazing; not fresh, horrible.

KDsMommy
11-22-2013, 10:47 AM
DH and I were just in Turkey for part of our honeymoon and brought home lots of it...soooo yummy!