PDA

View Full Version : Pottery Barn Retro Kitchen Collection

Pilotbaby
11-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Does anyone have the Pottery Barn Retro Kitchen Collection that can give me some feedback on it? We are comparing it to the Kidcraft on Amazon and there is a significant price difference. We really like the looks of the Pottery Barn one and the fact that you can put water in the sink. It also looks a bit bigger which would mean more years of playing. Any feedback?
TIA

Sopamanda
11-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Inquiring minds are curious... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Pilotbaby
11-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Are you thinking of getting one also? Have you seen one in person? It looks so cute online!

Inquiring minds are curious... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

BabyBearsMom
11-22-2013, 04:37 PM
I don't have it, but I have seen it at the PBK store in our mall. It is very nice. It is big, like if you get all of the pieces, you really need a play room for it, IMO. I woud not want something that large in my living room, personally.

I have the Kidcraft one which we love. The girls play with it daily, and so does every other child who walks through the door. My 6 year old nephew plays with it as well, he is tall and can comfortably play with it. I really can't justify spending the price of the PBK kitchen on a toy.

Pilotbaby
11-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Thank you for the feedback. My Hubby is looking at the two piece set also. It doesn't sound like we have enough room for the other one from what you are saying.

I don't have it, but I have seen it at the PBK store in our mall. It is very nice. It is big, like if you get all of the pieces, you really need a play room for it, IMO. I woud not want something that large in my living room, personally.

I have the Kidcraft one which we love. The girls play with it daily, and so does every other child who walks through the door. My 6 year old nephew plays with it as well, he is tall and can comfortably play with it. I really can't justify spending the price of the PBK kitchen on a toy.

sunnyside
11-23-2013, 07:28 PM
I have the 3 piece set from PBK and love it. It is big though, so not a good option unless you have the room. I am happy it is large though. My child plays with her kitchen and dolls more than anything, so it's worth the space it takes up for us. I like that two or more children can play together and that because it is 3 separate pieces, you can move them around, or put one away, as necessary, depending on what else is out. The refrigerator is a nice size for storing all of the play food. I like that we can try to stay organized by keeping the dishes under the sink, the food in the fridge, and have the oven ready for play. (Not that we are super organized, but..) It is super cute, and every kid that comes over plays with it. I was able to get it on a day last year, during the holidays, where PBK had a 15% off sale on the kitchens and I had a 15% off coupon to stack with it. You may look for a similar sale this year. (I purchased in Dec last year.) As I asked around, I found that a lot of people were getting 5-6+ years of play from it or more with multiple kids, and then managing to sell them on CL for 1/2 what they paid. Food for thought. ;)