PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Grobags please

ExcitedMamma
11-22-2013, 01:01 PM
DD is just finally starting to sleep so of course her sleep sacks are getting too small. I'm terrified of any change throwing off her newfound sleep so I don't want to stop using sleep sacks yet. She is wearing a size large in the HA branded Halo zippered sleep sack which is the largest size. I always see references to Grobags here, is that what I should get? They seem hard to find, is Amazon my best bet? What do I need to know about Togs?

legaleagle
11-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Grobags are great! The 18-36 month is huge so no worries about outgrowing it - my 34" 29lb 18 month old has many inches to grow.

The 2.5 is very warm - I use it over thin cotton sleepers - fleece sleepers are way too warm. With my oldest who ran hot I would use just a cotton pj top.

I got my last one from gilt I think I've also gotten them at amazon. They are pricey but worth it to us.

MSWR0319
11-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I love my Grobags. I got one on Gilt for $25 and I just bought some from Zulilly for $12.99. The ones from Zulilly were only 1 TOG but will work well for naps. We use the 2.5 TOG at night with a fleece sleeper and sometimes a onesie depending on the weather in the winter, cotton pj's in the summer. DS is a hot child, but never too hot. DS's feet are at the bottom of his HA Halo sack in a large but still has room in the 6-18 month Grobag and he's 19 months, in the 90% percentile.

marymoo86
11-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Love them! My oldest is outgrowing but I just picked up 6-18m one from mamas bargains for 16.97 for my little!

theriviera
11-22-2013, 03:52 PM
They do have xl halo sleep sacks. My oldest wore it until she was 3 and she was 95% for height!

fedoragirl
11-22-2013, 06:29 PM
DD wore Halo fleece sleepsacks till she outgrew them around 2. If I had known about Grobags, I would never have bought Halo. Grobags are so much more luxurious and wash so well. I just bought the 18-24 month one and it is so soft and all cotton. We do a Hanna zipper and Grobag in winter. We have the 2.5 TOG and it works very well all year. You can find out about their TOGS rating system on their web site or through Amazon. I have donated all my Halo sleepsacks.

mom2binsd
11-22-2013, 06:30 PM
My kids wore the halo sleep sacks till age 3, the xl was plenty big, they don't need to be that long on them, my DD was very tall for her age too, disregard the sizing on the package honestly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mackmama
11-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Love grobags! I like the 2.5 tog for winter with HA footless one-piece sleepers underneath.

Snow mom
11-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Another fan of grobags. We have a few of each tog from DD in size 6-18 mo. I don't think she started this size until about 9 mo-1 year and we used them past two. DS is taller and we started using them again when it started getting cooler this fall. They are so long even in the 6 month size that they should last him this winter and next and then I'll reevaluate whether he needs the bigger size (DD was able to go to a blanket).

RedSuedeShoes
11-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Grobags! I love them so much. We tried other sleep sacks but the Grobags were so much better - cozier and better fitting. I love them so much I have not been able to part with them yet, even though no one in this house will ever fit in them again. (Maybe I should make you a deal on them?...or is that against BBB policy?) I'm pretty sure we used the 1.0 Tog in summer and 2.5 Tog in winter - we live in a pretty moderate climate. Not super hot in summer, not super cold in winter. But I think the 2.5 Tog would be fine in a colder climate, too, just with warmer PJs underneath (we just used thin cotton PJs underneath). I bought some on eBay, some on bargain sites (maybe mama bargains? can't remember). They are totally worth seeking out.

AnnieW625
11-30-2013, 01:24 PM
We stuck with Halo sleep sacks because they were 10x easier to find. My girls also started wearing Carter's fleece footsie pjs at around 12 months and by 15-18 months my girls were sleeping on their tunmies, but with DD2 I did have some L Halo sleep sacks and they worked great, thought about getting an extra large to get until 2 or 2.5, but never got around to it.