PDA

View Full Version : Need some handbag help. To keep or not to keep? Other suggestions welcome!

AnnieW625
11-22-2013, 01:08 PM
I bought these two bags (see below), the black one in person at the Nordstrom sale last week, but I thought I really wanted it in orange so I had the SA find me one in orange as well and I just got it yesterday, but I initially decided to keep the black one as the leather is softer and I need a black bag more than another brown shade bag (I have a plain leather brown Coach hobo (http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/thumbnail/gysu6yby.jpg) that I have been using for a few years) . Now I am not even sure I want either color. When I first played with the bag about a month ago I thought it was really nice, but I think that was due to all of the stuffing in the bag. When I went to put stuff (check book size wallet, cell phone, checkbook, credit card, and lipstick case) in the black one this AM I just wasn't that impressed, and I know it is silly but the cell pocket is really small as my iphone w/o a cover barely fits in it and my phone must have a cover on it (Otterbox Commuter). I also couldn't get it to stand up with nothing in it even though it has tiny feet on the bottom. I also realize I got it for $214 (sale price), but I couldn't imagine paying full price for the bag, it just doesn't feel like a $358 bag. It feels more like a $150 handbag and I do like that it is light, but I just think I have to take it back.
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4817060411278216&w=165&h=173&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4897934663223031&w=190&h=184&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Anyone have anything similar for the same price point with a bit more shape. I don't buy handbags all that often so I don't mind spending a bit more, but still really don't want to spend more than $250 unless I am finally pulling the plug on LV bag, which I am not sure I can do either.

(the demensions are: 14"L x 9.5"H x 6"W; 6.5" drop, 23.5" drop)

Bonus points if you have the same bag and love it, or had it and hated it (I think this style has been around for a few years)

pinkmomagain
11-22-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't really have a suggestion for you but just a word of caution on LV bags. They are beautiful, I have two, but the one I have that is that coated canvas after 8 years has cracked. I brought it into an LV shop and was told the bag is old and dry and there is nothing they can do to fix it. I'm going to look for another brand and I'm not getting that material anymore....I'm going to look for something more durable (leather or nylon).

curiousgeorge
11-22-2013, 04:08 PM
I bought a used Coach Zoe (medium, style number 12735) green patent bag off of ebay earlier this year and love it. It is sturdy, holds its shape when empty, and holds all of the things you mention without a problem. I really wanted that style and they don't make it anymore, so I had to go the ebay route...I know that means you can't buy/return if you don't like it, so it might not be an option for you. If you search for it on ebay you will see there are quite a few out there. The F12735 is a made-for-factory bag, the number without the F in front of it is from the full-price stores.

mom2binsd
11-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Please be careful buying on ebay, check the sellers feedback, there are lots of good fakes out there with the correct serial number, coach being the most widely faked.... And most of the online guides that tell you what to look for are not great... If you go the a website 'the purse forum' they will help authenticate, ebays very helpful purse forum ladies is no longer allowed to help you weed out fakes....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

crl
11-22-2013, 07:04 PM
I don't like the orange color. I am not a huge fan of orange anyway and I'd prefer a bright orange to that sort of brown orange color. The black looks fine on my screen, but if the cell phone pocket is too small, I wouldn't want it. It would bug me every time I used and and it would bug me even more because that's not a cheap purse!

Catherine

♥ms.pacman♥
11-22-2013, 07:13 PM
have you considered a purse-shaper or purse-organizer?

for me, it' bothers me when a bigger bag doesn't hold it's shape and it just flops over, and i have to dig around to find stuff..so i totally get that frustration! i've bought purse-shapers for this very reason. for my lv neverfull, i couldn't stand how the bottom sagged when you actually put stuff in...so i bought a "base-shaper" specifically cut for it, from ebay. i also woudl use a purse-organizer..there are severall..called purses to go, etc. bc yeah the cell phone pockets are too small these days.

but if it really bugs you i'd totally return them and get something you really like!

♥ms.pacman♥
11-22-2013, 07:22 PM
also, i would suggest if you want something with more structure, but similar pricepoint, i'd check out Michael Kors. I don't have it but i love the looks of the Hamilton Satchel (seems to come in black and brown), and from what i've seen in store it's a stiffer bag that holds its shape pretty well.

http://www.michaelkors.com/p/MICHAEL-Michael-Kors-MICHAEL-Michael-Kors-Hamilton-Satchel-SATCHELS/prod11740008_cat8520_cat8501_/?index=18&cmCat=cat000000cat8501cat8520&isEditorial=false

curiousgeorge
11-22-2013, 08:53 PM
Please be careful buying on ebay, check the sellers feedback, there are lots of good fakes out there with the correct serial number, coach being the most widely faked.... And most of the online guides that tell you what to look for are not great... If you go the a website 'the purse forum' they will help authenticate, ebays very helpful purse forum ladies is no longer allowed to help you weed out fakes....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

YES!! I totally agree. I should have added that part. I used the ladies at the purse forum to authenticate any of the bags that I bid on. They are a huge help and a great resource!!

AnnieW625
11-27-2013, 12:38 PM
I took them both back and yesterday I went to Nordstrom Rack and I saw a few other bags that I like from Kate Spade and Dooney & Bourke, but decided not to buy anything because they weren't the colors I wanted. I am really in no hurry as well to look and maybe Kate Spade will have a Black Friday sale so I will look then, but really other than wanting something new I am perfectly happy with what I have now.