PDA

View Full Version : SO tired:(

twowhat?
11-22-2013, 05:03 PM
I've worked every single night this week. I will be working over the weekend. Again. (which sucks because I put the girls to bed and then work and you know how on the weekends you are extra tired from dealing with the kids all day so it double sucks to work weekend evenings). I don't even know if I'll be able to take a day off before Thanksgiving. I really wanted the whole week off. I really needed it, actually. I will be losing several PTO days this year because I was unable to use them all. The last "vacation" I took was spent at home with sick kids...

I've been working so much I haven't had the energy to check the mail...and now it's all at the post office because the mailbox is full. I have not been able to schedule the psych appts that I've wanted to get help with DD2. I'm basically neglecting my health at this point, now that I feel like I'm getting sick.

I am just so tired!!! And there is no end in sight until Christmas. The only thing keeping me going is the promise of new hires in Jan (and the evidence I see of aggressive interviewing so it's not just talk), hints about a promotion/bonus, and the fact that everyone knows that everyone is swamped and everyone (including my bosses) is trying their best to help out.

But WAH WAH WAH I want to throw a DD2-worthy tantrum!

anonomom
11-22-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope that you at least have a relaxing Thanksgiving and that the crush ends with the calendar year.

lizzywednesday
11-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Have at it & throw that tantrum!

Sending hugs that things lighten up a bit soon.

'Tis the season, though.

BabyBearsMom
11-22-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm so sorry, I totally know how that is. Hopefully when things are settled down you can take a nice long vacation (maybe a kid free vacation!)

♥ms.pacman♥
11-22-2013, 05:25 PM
so sorry. that sounds so exhausting!! i can't imagine working so many evenings in a row. things are getting crazy busy here too, as i have a project & presentation that needs to be completed by the end of the year. and yes rotten timing, no worse time to be busy with work than the holidays! :irked:

what helps me when things are busy is that DH (when he's not traveling) takes over drop off and pickup so i can get more time in at work. Also one weekend morning (e.g. Sunday morning) he takes the kiddos and does errands with them so i can get a solid 3-4 hour chunk of time to work where i'm more alert, productive not downright dog-tired (like i typically am in the evenings). Anyway, maybe your DH can do the same in coming weeks so you're not always having to do work after kids are in bed? Sounds like you're really swamped and deserve a break!! :hug:

hope you get a break soon and that you have a relaxing thanksgiving.