PDA

View Full Version : snow boots that are easy to put on?

basil
11-23-2013, 07:38 AM
I got DS (2) the Lands' End Snow flurry boots (http://www.landsend.com/products/kids-snow-flurry-boots/id_259563?sku_0=::CLN)

But I can't get them on his feet! They open up in front but he has chubby feet and very high instep and doesn't really know how to put much effort into getting the boots on. So his foot gets stuck halfway down and he's not a fan. They also don't seem to open in front very far, IMO.

I saw a post below about wide boots - I usually buy him XW stride rite shoes so that the straps reach over his instep. It seems like Kamik and Tundra make boots in wide. So these probably would work, but they are >$50! I had gotten the LE ones on sale for $20.

We live in PA so not super far north but usually get some snow. I want him to be able to go out, but he's not going to be spending hours outside, I bet. I really don't want to spend $50 on a pair of boots he's going to wear for an hour a handful of times!

Any suggestions of boots that slip on super easily that are in the $30 range? Any feedback on these LLB ones? http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/57010?feat=52080-ppxs&dds=y

123LuckyMom
11-23-2013, 10:41 AM
I always buy Kamiks. They open all the way to the actual shoe section and secure with velcro. The ankle section is all one continuous piece of fabric, though, so there's no where for snow to get in (except from the top as with all boots.) The Kamiks work really well for my kids, and even the 20 month old can put them on by herself.

Kindra178
11-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Second kamiks or LLB north woods.

acmom
11-29-2013, 08:59 PM
I tried Lands End boots for my 3 year old DS this year and had the same issue. I order a pair of Kamiks in the same size and they are great. My DD (who is very picky about shoes and clothes) has been happy with Kamiks for 2 years now too.

hillview
11-29-2013, 09:06 PM
we've done northwoods for many years and been happy

MontrealMum
11-30-2013, 12:18 AM
We've done Kamiks for years and have been very happy with them. They even come in wide. DS has a high instep too (can't wear Keens, for example) so I get what you mean about not being able to force his foot down in the boot even if it's the right size. This year he has Sorels for the first time and they seem fine too.