PDA

View Full Version : Where and when to buy Playmobil?

ExcitedMamma
11-24-2013, 10:31 PM
I want to get DS his first Playmobil sets for Christmas. Where should I buy from? Should I buy now or will there be some good deals for them coming up? I'm clueless about these but excited to watch DS play with them.

Simon
11-25-2013, 09:09 AM
I have heard that the PM web site usually has the best/really good prices. So far, that seems to be true but I've only been looking for a few months.
TRU had 20% off certain sets in October and also had some of the "take along" sets marked down to $7 from $12.99. I registered at PM.com hoping for a coupon or something but so far no luck. Last week, Kohl's had good discounts on PM, but their original prices seemed inflated. If you had Kohl's cash then it could have been a really good deal. I used a $10 coupon.

Corie
11-25-2013, 08:47 PM
This is a toy store here in Cincinnati. It is called King Arthur's Court toys.

They are having 15% off right now.

http://www.kingarthurstoys.com/

swissair81
11-25-2013, 09:01 PM
I always seem to do best on Amazon unless I have a playmobil site coupon. I'm in search mode now for the Playmobil hotel. DD1 has requested it for her 11th birthday in February, and I figure I'll get the best deal now.

acmom
11-25-2013, 10:01 PM
I always seem to do best on Amazon unless I have a playmobil site coupon. I'm in search mode now for the Playmobil hotel. DD1 has requested it for her 11th birthday in February, and I figure I'll get the best deal now.

Are you looking for the hotel or the tropical inn? Toysrus had a sale on the inn in their big book of toys. I bought one a couple weeks ago but not sure if it is still available or on sale. I think the inn was a lot cheaper than the big hotel to start too.

swissair81
11-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Are you looking for the hotel or the tropical inn? Toysrus had a sale on the inn in their big book of toys. I bought one a couple weeks ago but not sure if it is still available or on sale. I think the inn was a lot cheaper than the big hotel to start too.

I didn't know there was a tropical inn. I don't think DD did either. I'll have to take a look. Thanks!

KpbS
11-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Oftentimes Tuesday Morning will have PM (esp. at Christmas time) and TJ Maxx also. Kohl's had some good deals last week and will likely have some more. Playmobil.us has good sales too--discounted/discontinued sets and they have had a good black Friday sale in years past! http://www.playmobil.us/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Search-Show?cgid=S_ARTIKEL