PDA

View Full Version : Uniqlo

jenrub
11-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Anyone heard or have experience with this clothing brand? I guess it's popular in Asia right now so I looked it up online and it only has stores here in NY, CT, and SF area. What is it comparable to in terms of quality and brand? TIA!

crl
11-25-2013, 07:21 PM
My neighbor suggested it as a cheap source for down jackets. That's all I know.

Catherine

MelissaTC
11-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Reminds me of the Asian equivalent to H&M.

ilfaith
11-25-2013, 08:29 PM
I think of it as sort of a Japanese Gap...well-priced, decently made basics. They tend to offer limited styles, but in a rainbow of colors. I find their clothes fit me well...but I am small and not very curvy. I have a pair of plummy red stretch denim jeans I got there a while back that are one of my favorite things to wear. I also have a light down jacket that smooshes down into a little bag about the size of quart ziplock...just enough for my North Florida winters.

mmommy
11-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Great down coats (lightweight) and lots of colors and good prices on cashmere sweaters. I think the quality is better than H&M, which I think of as really only lasting 1-2 seasons. Uniqlo is maybe more the quality of Gap, but quirkier in style.

okinawama
11-25-2013, 11:17 PM
When I lived in Japan that was the main location for my clothes shopping. I thought they were similar in style and price to gap and old navy depending on the item.

HonoluluMom
11-26-2013, 03:58 AM
I've been to Uniqlo in Japan and agree that it seems comparable to Gap.

lizzywednesday
11-26-2013, 10:22 AM
There are 3 stores in NJ now that it's better known in the US.

DD had her eye on a down jacket but I was holding off - it's too lightweight for our winters here, but would be perfect for our annual AZ trip.

ilfaith
11-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Just wanted to add that if you shop in store, they hem for free. At least this is the case at their NYC flagship store.

jenrub
11-26-2013, 12:27 PM
There are 3 stores in NJ now that it's better known in the US.

Sorry I forgot to mention NJ. Thanks all! I think I'm gonna try them out since I'm pleased with Gap.