PDA

View Full Version : Less than two hours in...

MamaMolly
11-25-2013, 07:18 PM
UPDATE: The toilet is fixed, and I ratted their bonehead move out to DH in front of them. His reaction was priceless. I figure if we are going to get into a poop slinging kinda fight during this visit I might as well lob the first one.
Now FIL (the diabetic with heart failure) is sulky because I won't let him keep his bag of raisinettes in the house because they have a 'may contain peanut' warning and Lula is deathly allergic. Tough toenails, buddy. Go drown in scotch.

To my ILs visit and we have a clogged toilet that the plunger won't fix and they brought in AND LEFT IN THE FLOOR OF MY ENTRYWAY a shotgun. It was unloaded but SERIOUSLY w.t.f. Is wrong with these people????!!?!?

For all I know it belongs to DH and they are returning it, but to bring it in!!! Leave it on the floor in reach of my kids!!!! AND NOT TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is wrong with these people?!?!?

Philly Mom
11-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Ok. That may take the cake for the worst. I would be livid and would send them on their way.

I am dreading my in laws insistence on eating on the couch in front of DD but I should remember that is so small and just go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

hillview
11-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Um I don't know what to say :47::47::47::47:

Sweetum
11-25-2013, 08:14 PM
What?!?!

StantonHyde
11-25-2013, 08:21 PM
ok, it could be worse--it could have been loaded and shot a hole in your roof and the rain flooded your house and...... Maybe you just have to think of how much worse it could be. Because I don't know how the he!! else you are going to be able to stand this without totally losing your schmidt!!!!!

georgiegirl
11-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Wow! I don't even know what to say other than I hope you have more than one bathroom and lots of alcohol.

ha98ed14
11-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Wow! I don't even know what to say other than I hope you have more than one bathroom and lots of alcohol.

:yeahthat: That 'bout sums it up. Oh yeah, and the WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm so sorry. Maybe it's getaway weekend for you and the girls?

Sweetsunshine
11-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Wow that is nuts!! I don't know how to deal with that. There's not enough wine in the world to deal with that! Good luck and hope you make it through the night without having a breakdown. I don't think I would.

hellokitty
11-25-2013, 09:26 PM
That is so odd. Why would they bring a gun to your house to begin with?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

MamaMolly
11-25-2013, 11:27 PM
That is so odd. Why would they bring a gun to your house to begin with?

Actually that part isn't so weird. DH is in law enforcement, as is much of his family. It goes with the territory. We had some things (knicknacks, paperwork, etc. etc._ stored in the IL's house and it was in that stuff. I guess he asked them to bring it all but forgot to mention it to me. The really obnoxious part is that it was just sitting with their suitcases in my entry way. You can't imagine the look on DH's face when I told him about it. In front of them. Yeah, I play dirty too.

okinawama
11-26-2013, 12:32 AM
No case or anything? Did they apologize or see why it was a big deal?!

abh5e8
11-26-2013, 01:04 AM
sheesh. and how long are they staying?

♥ms.pacman♥
11-26-2013, 01:26 AM
OMG, i'm speechless. That is just nuts.

You can't imagine the look on DH's face when I told him about it. In front of them. Yeah, I play dirty too.
that is awesome you did that. I would have done the same. They deserve to be called out on that.

Tondi G
11-26-2013, 01:53 AM
good for you for calling them out on the shotgun. That was just careless... they should know better than that.

Maybe you can find some chocolate covered raisins that don't have a nut warning and suggest to FIL that he go and purchase them? He can still have his goodies but you will know that your kiddo is safe.

HonoluluMom
11-26-2013, 03:46 AM
OMG! I would have been not-be-able-to-talk-furious!

Ms B
11-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I play dirty too.

All's fair with ILs. Just saying . . .

elliput
11-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Actually that part isn't so weird. DH is in law enforcement, as is much of his family. It goes with the territory. We had some things (knicknacks, paperwork, etc. etc._ stored in the IL's house and it was in that stuff. I guess he asked them to bring it all but forgot to mention it to me. The really obnoxious part is that it was just sitting with their suitcases in my entry way. You can't imagine the look on DH's face when I told him about it. In front of them. Yeah, I play dirty too.

Go you! :) Did they forget to pack their common sense?

hellokitty
11-26-2013, 01:52 PM

OK, but maybe I am clueless. I could see a law enforcement person carrying a HAND gun, not a shotgun! Who carries a shot gun around, unless they are going hunting or something? So, I still think that's odd. I'm glad that you just basically called them out in front of your dh. I would have done the same thing and then walked away and let dh deal with it and let the in laws feel like crap about it.

dogmom
11-26-2013, 02:18 PM
LOL, I think you should buy some probiotics and serve some very earthy crunchy stuff at Thanksgiving and loudly announce given your IL gastrointestinal troubles you put some probiotics by their plate and they should take an extra helping of quinoa stuffing because plumbers get paid double time on the holidays to fix "issues".

petesgirl
11-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Should I be embarrassed to say that I ran out and bought a box of raisinettes after reading your update?
I am pregnant after all....

StantonHyde
11-27-2013, 12:18 AM
LOL, I think you should buy some probiotics and serve some very earthy crunchy stuff at Thanksgiving and loudly announce given your IL gastrointestinal troubles you put some probiotics by their plate and they should take an extra helping of quinoa stuffing because plumbers get paid double time on the holidays to fix "issues".

Love it!!!

So--if the kids don't die from the shotgun, the Raisinettes are supposed to do them in???? Do they have a death wish for their grandchildren???