PDA

View Full Version : Road trip starts in 5 hours...

anonomom
11-26-2013, 10:06 AM
And sometime on Sunday DS absconded with my key ring. We've been turning the house upside down but can't find them anywhere. We have DH's keys so it's not like we're stuck, but I hate that I can't find my keys.

I've been interrogating him for 2 days and all he'll tell me is "yours keys is gone, Mommy!" I hope that doesn't mean he threw them in the trash...

TwinFoxes
11-26-2013, 10:25 AM
"Yours keys are gone" sounds pretty ominous. :( I hope you find them.

crl
11-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Oh no! I hope they turn up.

Catherine

elliput
11-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Can you check the trash from the past two days, or is it too late to do that?

anonomom
11-26-2013, 12:58 PM
:banana::banana: Found them, and just as I was about to start looking through the trash!

This kid kills me -- I knew he'd taken my keys and I must have asked him a hundred times over the last day where he'd put them. No answer. So finally I asked him one last time "did you take my keys?" He gives me his standard answer: "No, my hands taked them." So I asked "Ok, well, where did your hands put my keys?" and darned if he didn't lead me right to them! They were buried on the bottom of a toy bin I'd checked at least twice, but since they were kind of wrapped in a dress-up outfit I never saw them until I emptied the bin.

It's all in knowing the specific question to ask, apparently.

lizzywednesday
11-26-2013, 01:10 PM
I apologize, but the solution made me laugh.

Glad you found your keys, though!

petesgirl
11-26-2013, 01:14 PM
:banana::banana: Found them, and just as I was about to start looking through the trash!

This kid kills me -- I knew he'd taken my keys and I must have asked him a hundred times over the last day where he'd put them. No answer. So finally I asked him one last time "did you take my keys?" He gives me his standard answer: "No, my hands taked them." So I asked "Ok, well, where did your hands put my keys?" and darned if he didn't lead me right to them! They were buried on the bottom of a toy bin I'd checked at least twice, but since they were kind of wrapped in a dress-up outfit I never saw them until I emptied the bin.

It's all in knowing the specific question to ask, apparently.

Sounds exactly like my 2.5 yr old!! So glad you found them! And safe travels!

elliput
11-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Whew! I'm so glad you didn't have to dig through the trash.