PDA

View Full Version : Wow, great idea, MIL.

Twoboos
11-26-2013, 12:49 PM
We are at MIL's for Thanksgiving. She is a super-crafter - scrapbooking, quilting, sewing, knitting, you name it. She is very good at these things, VERY good.

DDs are having a blast using all of her stuff. They are sewing and making scrapbook pages. Yesterday she busted out the Cricut (sp?) which they loved.

And so, she is getting them one for Christmas. REALLY? I can't imagine how often they are going to be cutting out letters and pasting them not things. Great. Then I'll get to buy the cartridges.

Ugh, whatever.

anonomom
11-26-2013, 01:00 PM
This is why I hate crafty gifts -- usually they generate lots of work and expense.

abh5e8
11-26-2013, 01:45 PM
yikes! maybe suggest the one that uses online code instead of buing millions of cartridges? silhouette cameo, i think its called.

npace19147
11-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Can I have your MIL for xmas? I would love someone else to buy one of those for me, but I won't use it enough to justify spending the $$ on it!

At least she's sharing her things with your DDs, instead of keeping it off limits. But I hear you about not needing more craft projects to clean up after. Unfortunately both my DDs seem to have inherited my gene for starting projects with great enthusiasm and not finishing them.

Twoboos
11-29-2013, 11:26 AM
It's just, it's not a kid gift! (And I'm cranky, lol.) This is for serious scrap bookers IMO, not kids playing.

Oh well, I think we're getting it either way so I should pipe down.

wellyes
11-29-2013, 12:17 PM
It's just, it's not a kid gift! (And I'm cranky, lol.) This is for serious scrap bookers IMO, not kids playing.

Oh well, I think we're getting it either way so I should pipe down.

It is not a kid gift for sure. I get it. And then it becomes a thing where she gets them cartridges for their birthdays and holidays.

Twoboos
12-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Oh yah. She is getting it. They will use it a lot for school projects, you see. Maybe I'll even use it. <eyeroll>

I thought she could get them a little something else too that they would like - the AG mini-dolls they've been asking for. But noooooo… she's going to get them GCs to Michaels so that we can buy scrapbook supplies. Seriously? They are 10 and 8. They are not into scrapbooking for longer than 10 mins at a time! (I said, Oh good they can save it to put toward buying more cartridges.) This is going to end up like the sewing machine she gifted us. It's comes out only when she visits. Plus going to Michaels with them is just annoying, we are there for at least an hour as they look at every.single.last.thing. They'll probably spend the GCs in the dollar section instead of for the intended purpose! (Oh, wait. Good idea!) I am going to have to relegate all this stuff to the basement.

Ugh, whatever, I am going to let it go. And we will get them the AG mini-dolls, so a win for us!

Globetrotter
12-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Use it for school crafts and save the GCs for this purpose :)

I stopped paper scrapbooking so now the kids have free rein on my supplies and machines for all their projects.

Twoboos
12-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Just a little update on this. MIL managed to buy TWO (because she freaks out when shopping online), which have arrived here. Now take one guess as to who gets to take care of shipping one back? And has to pay for the shipping up front and get reimbursed later? Uh huh.

"Unless they each need one so they won't fight, you could keep the second one!" Um - NO we do not need two Cricuts! Or even ONE for that matter.