PDA

View Full Version : Mastitis (UPDATE in OP)...

blue
11-26-2013, 03:00 PM
UPDATE: The mastitis is all better! I will look into the lecithin that was mentioned. I also realized I have been wearing a lot of tight sports bras lately (finely getting more exercise), and I wonder if that contributed to the problem (since some of you said tighter bras caused you problems). My plan is stick with looser bras while I am still nursing for now. Thanks everyone :)

I started having horrible breast pain yesterday and diagnosed with mastitis today...again. I have had it before right after DS2 was born and then several months of awful pain due to different breast feeding issues. I am so over breast pain and breast feeding related issues.

HonoluluMom
11-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Oh no mama - hope things get better soon!

lizzywednesday
11-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Ouch! Feel better soon!!!

SnuggleBuggles
11-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Mastitis is miserable. Luckily abx usually fix it fast!!

sweet_pea
11-26-2013, 04:26 PM
So sorry to hear that! I've BDTD, so I can really relate, mastitis is just awful!

okinawama
11-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Get thee to the store and buy some lecithin! It did wonders for me to treat and prevent mastitis. When I was dealing with mastitis I searched high and low for info/treatment/prevention options, and time and time again lecithin was recommended! I honestly had no idea until many of the moms here suggested it to me! I hope you feel better soon! Mastitis is awful!

123LuckyMom
11-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Get thee to the store and buy some lecithin! It did wonders for me to treat and prevent mastitis. When I was dealing with mastitis I searched high and low for info/treatment/prevention options, and time and time again lecithin was recommended! I honestly had no idea until many of the moms here suggested it to me! I hope you feel better soon! Mastitis is awful!

Thank you so much for this tip! I had never heard of taking lecithin for Breastfeeding! I have been incredibly lucky and have never had a bad clog or mastitis, but my poor friend has problems often. I'm going to text her right now to tell her about it!

SnuggleBuggles
11-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Lecithin helped me but even more was banishing a certain nursing cami that was causing plugged ducts galore.

bisous
11-26-2013, 10:48 PM
Lecithin helped me but even more was banishing a certain nursing cami that was causing plugged ducts galore.

With DS1 I had a few clogged ducts. When I finally realized that I got them EVERY TIME I wore a certain nursing bra! I've realized that while nursing I can only wear super unstructured and soft nursing bras and then I'm okay! I haven't had a clogged duct (or mastitis) since! (I'm on my 4th kid and it has been almost ten years.) Feel better soon!

blue
12-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Update in OP.