PDA

View Full Version : I am tired of having asthma

speo
11-26-2013, 04:20 PM
My first BP! I have asthma that is part of my daily life. I take daily inhalers and rescue when needed. I have allergies also. What is terrible is that my body cannot fend off colds well at all. If anyone is sick around me, I will get sick. And my body overreacts in a great way. Colds take 2-3 weeks to go away. I am just so tired of this. I am tired of people acting like a cold is not a big deal and you can just eat properly and be healthy. Not in my case!

I got sick on Halloween and I had 2 weeks of head cold which turned into bronchitis. Over the weekend my lungs were so constricted that I woke out of a dead sleep unable to breathe. It took a full 30 seconds to regain breath. And then I went to the ER. It was the scariest thing that has happened to me physically and I have never before actually felt like I could die. I hate it and I am scared for my older years. :( And please colds, stay away. I would take the stomach flu any day over a regular head cold.

citymama
11-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Oh girl, I hear you. I am the same way. Currently fighting a head cold and I know this is just the beginning of days/weeks of asthma and sickness. My co-workers don't get how I'm always getting sick - and when I'm not, it's DD2, who has similar respiratory issues and gets every bug that goes around. Hope you feel better soon.

PZMommy
11-26-2013, 05:46 PM
I feel your pain! My DS 2 has severe asthma, and catches everything!! There is no such thing as a little cold where he is concerned. He just turned two and has been hospitalized five times each time for nearly a week due to colds and resipritory problems! It is scary, and not fun!! If one more person tells me to give him vitamins to stop him from getting sick, I may slug them. If it were that simple, I'd have done that already!!

speo
11-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Thanks guys. It can be hard at times because some people just don't get what a big deal it can be.

Oh girl, I hear you. I am the same way. Currently fighting a head cold and I know this is just the beginning of days/weeks of asthma and sickness. My co-workers don't get how I'm always getting sick - and when I'm not, it's DD2, who has similar respiratory issues and gets every bug that goes around. Hope you feel better soon.

I hope by some miracle your cold goes away quickly without further complications!

I feel your pain! My DS 2 has severe asthma, and catches everything!! There is no such thing as a little cold where he is concerned. He just turned two and has been hospitalized five times each time for nearly a week due to colds and resipritory problems! It is scary, and not fun!! If one more person tells me to give him vitamins to stop him from getting sick, I may slug them. If it were that simple, I'd have done that already!!

Many hugs to you and your son. It is scary for me and I can't imagine it being your own child, especially with hospitalizations. I hope that as he gets older your son will fend off the bugs a little better. :hug:

barkley1
11-27-2013, 10:21 AM
That really stinks....colds are almost just unavoidable :(. I seem to get so many more now that i have kiddos, and they're never little, easy 3-5 day deals. Sorry you have to deal with this, OP... I'd trade you ten colds for one stomach bug if I could, haha!

bisous
11-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Oh no! I'm so sorry. My sister is just like this as are some of my nieces and nephews. I TOTALLY get why colds are a big deal. These poor folks will get a cold and will end up with some kind of secondary infection and on antibiotics, or in the case of my niece, she'll end up in the ER. It is awful. Take care of yourself! I hope everyone is super considerate of you and you stay healthy for the duration of the holidays!

khalloc
11-27-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry. My son has cold-induced asthma and yesterday he started with the coughing and then he puked in the car (probably just from all the mucous and coughing) and last night as I was getting his nebulizer ready he asked me "Am I going to have asthma my whole life?" And it just made me so sad for him. Luckily there is a chance he could outgrow it. But I know alot of people have it much worse. In any case I am sorry you have to deal with it. And as the mother of someone with asthma, I know a cold is not just a cold to a person dealing with asthma. My son gets a cold and then if he hasnt been taking his Flovent regularly, he can end up with a fever and 2-3 days of needing his nebulizer and non-stop coughing. And after those 3 days he still is sick and stuffed up for another 2+ weeks. Whereas a healthy person would deal with a cold for a few days and then be fine.

Green22
11-27-2013, 10:08 PM
I understand. I have it and so does my ds, really really badly. Pneumonia more often than I care to admit. For me, it has ebbed and flowed after pregnancy, and for years- I mean decades- it was awful. I hope you get a period of less- bad asthma soon.

VClute
12-03-2013, 10:13 PM
http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2013/11/23/847-asthma-and-infection/ I heard this recently on npr. Apparently, researchers have had success treating some people with long-term antibiotics. I hope you find some relief!