PDA

View Full Version : Symphony in b. - anyone have this?

Green22
11-26-2013, 07:48 PM
http://justb-byou.com/toys/lively/symphony-b/

I am considering getting this (totally unnecessary but my kids seem to love music and playing instruments at school) but the reviews on amazon are really really mixed. Lots of people say it is great but then say it broke or never worked properly . . .and real life experience out there? It is an expensive "just because" add on to Christmas but *I* think it looks cool . . . . Tia

melrose7
11-27-2013, 12:15 AM
We got it this summer for DDs birthday. I thought it was going to be loved toy because of the music and lights but it's love comes and goes. It is a toy that stays out and hasn't been packed away but not a huge hit. I would say gets played with from at least 1 of the 7 different kids that are here each week ( I run a daycare in my house). The kids range from 1-8 and it's a toy they can all play with though. Not sure if that helped, but I am happy I bought it, but glad I got it on sale at Target.

Green22
11-27-2013, 09:59 PM
We got it this summer for DDs birthday. I thought it was going to be loved toy because of the music and lights but it's love comes and goes. It is a toy that stays out and hasn't been packed away but not a huge hit. I would say gets played with from at least 1 of the 7 different kids that are here each week ( I run a daycare in my house). The kids range from 1-8 and it's a toy they can all play with though. Not sure if that helped, but I am happy I bought it, but glad I got it on sale at Target.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I think I will wait and watch for a sale!

Seitvonzu
11-29-2013, 10:29 AM
we have this-- i bought it because i thought it was pretty and looked really fun from the demo! i didn't even wait for a sale(which is crazy for me) i like that there is a mix of traditional and nonwestern instruments. i like the variety of songs and the different things you can do with it-- tempo/volume/endless instrument combos. i like that the lights highlight what is melody vs. harmony, etc. it has a lot going on. it does eat batteries if you forget to shut it off and it can be occasionally "glitchy"--i've meant to contact btoys about this (i've contacted them before about something and they were great...), but it's never been enough that i've actually done it. (it gets more glitchy if the batteries are about to die?)

i have found that this isn't a great "cooperative" toy. if one kids gets it in mind to play with it during a playdate, they do NOT want another kid "helping" them. it's more of an "explore/create on your own" toy.

so-- it's not an all the time hit, but i really like it and my child likes it and people (including adults) like to play with it when they come over!