PDA

View Full Version : Need baby doll help

BDKmom
11-27-2013, 09:48 PM
My sister has suggested that my niece, who is almost 3, would like a "nice" baby doll for Christmas. Apparently she loves dolls but only has a couple of "cheap" ones, according to my sister. My budget is $30-40. I'm not sure what would be best for her age. Is she too old for a Corolle Calin? What else would be nice? My DD is not into dolls yet, so I am clueless.

kaitlyns.mom
11-27-2013, 09:50 PM
My sister has suggested that my niece, who is almost 3, would like a "nice" baby doll for Christmas. Apparently she loves dolls but only has a couple of "cheap" ones, according to my sister. My budget is $30-40. I'm not sure what would be best for her age. Is she too old for a Corolle Calin? What else would be nice? My DD is not into dolls yet, so I am clueless.

DD got her Calin at age 2 and still plays with it daily at almost 6. :) I think they are just right. Perfect size for that age, too, IMO.

Neatfreak
11-27-2013, 10:02 PM
A Baby Stella would also be a good option, if you think she's like the softness. There are some really cute accessories for Stella now!

acmom
11-27-2013, 10:15 PM
DD got her Calin at age 2 and still plays with it daily at almost 6. :) I think they are just right. Perfect size for that age, too, IMO.

My DD has 2 Calins - she got one when she was a little over 1 and the 2nd (a more boyish looking one) when she was almost 2 as a big sister gift when her brother was born. They both still get daily play at age 5.5. She has a bitty baby and bitty baby twins too, which she also really likes and plays with, but the Calins are her favorite still.

BDKmom
11-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the input, everyone. What's a good price on a Calin? Amazon has one for $33.25. That's within my budget, but I don't want to over pay for it.

kaitlyns.mom
11-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone. What's a good price on a Calin? Amazon has one for $33.25. That's within my budget, but I don't want to over pay for it.

I'm waiting for it to go down to get it for my niece. I've seen some of the dolls (Naima and Yang) go down to $22-ish. The price right now is pretty typical, so if you wait, you probably won't pay more and you might get a deal. JM2C.

Barnes and Noble has them online and a 30% off coupon right now, but once you pay for shipping ($4) it brings it back up to just a couple of dollars off the Amazon price.

BDKmom
12-01-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm waiting for it to go down to get it for my niece. I've seen some of the dolls (Naima and Yang) go down to $22-ish. The price right now is pretty typical, so if you wait, you probably won't pay more and you might get a deal. JM2C.

Thanks. I'll watch it for a little while.

Melaine
12-01-2013, 09:48 PM
They are on Ruelala if you happen to have credit (otherwise not sure the deal is good).

kaitlyns.mom
12-02-2013, 02:04 AM
Creativekidstuff.com has them on sale right now for $32. Use code LT5 to get another $5 off, and shipping is free, which brings it down to $27 shipped. Not bad. I went ahead and bought. :)

BDKmom
12-03-2013, 12:53 PM
I ended up using the 25% off at Barnes and Noble yesterday. Doll came out to $24.93+tax, and I added a cheap paperback that I can read when we drive to my family to get the free shipping.