PDA

View Full Version : Could have been home!

catsnkid
11-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Co-worker beat me to requesting today off. I suck it up. Come to work today to find out he "changed his mind". Neither he or boss decide to tell me so I could have made plans to take it off. Have family I could have visited and errands I could have done.

BDKmom
11-29-2013, 05:25 PM
That really stinks. Why do people do this kind of stuff?

boolady
11-29-2013, 05:46 PM
This is the sort of inconsiderate behavior that drives me nuts. He knew you originally wanted to be off, right? It would have been so easy to let you know he had changed his mind about coming in.

belovedgandp
11-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Oh that really stinks. I used to always work around the holidays - including the Friday after Thanksgiving - to let people who needed to travel or have family get the time off. Everyone we were going to see is within 20 minutes.

I kind of liked working those quiet days when no one was in the office. Until I had a manager who changed the policy to 1/2 days of work are only 1/2 day of vacation (so Christmas Eve and Friday after Thanksgiving) and would gloat about only needing 3 1/2 days to get a week off of work. Two years of that BS and I was the first one on the calender to request the days off even if I sat on my arse at home.

liz
11-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Co-worker beat me to requesting today off. I suck it up. Come to work today to find out he "changed his mind". Neither he or boss decide to tell me so I could have made plans to take it off. Have family I could have visited and errands I could have done.

seriously?? so inconsiderate! :6: