PDA

View Full Version : Elf fail. Already.

Twoboos
12-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Elfie arrived yesterday. He DIDN'T MOVE last night. GAH!!! Who forgets on night #1?!?

I said he was too tired from his first trip to the North Pole. DD2 seemed to buy it and said maybe he would move while they were at school. DD1 (who knows) gave me a hard time for not moving him, so she took care of it after DD2 left for school.

Stupid Elf.

petesgirl
12-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Bwahaha! That's why I will most likely never do the elf. I'm sure I would ruin it.

Eta: but.... Maybe DD1 would have a lot of fun being in charge of it? Just a thought :)

brittone2
12-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Ours was lost last night but DH dug him out of the attic after the kids were in bed...so he was late by a day. I failed too LOL.

zukeypur
12-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Mine haven't remembered him yet, and I haven't got any of the Christmas stuff out of the attic yet.

squimp
12-02-2013, 11:35 AM
I hear ya. Apparently the tooth fairy and the elves do not get along at our house and the tooth fairy was scared away. Or that is my excuse.

glbb35
12-02-2013, 01:10 PM
I could have posted this EXACT same thing! I completely forgot last night to move "Sam" and to put candy treats into the advent train. IDIOT I AM!!!! I couldn't believe I forgot on the first night! So feeling like a terrible person this morning I set an alarm on my cell tonight so I don't forget. Was really feeling horrible until I read your post OP. Now I feel better not being the only forgetful mom :) So you made my day, thanks!! :)

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 11

SnuggleBuggles
12-02-2013, 01:14 PM
So glad we have no elf. I can barely keep up with dishes let alone elves. :)

BabyBearsMom
12-02-2013, 01:45 PM
I think you should put DD1 in charge of elf movement.

MamaMolly
12-02-2013, 01:57 PM

Amen. The guilt of not doing the elf is lessening each year.

dogmom
12-02-2013, 03:06 PM
It once took 4 nights for the tooth fairy to come at our house! Elf is out if the question.

KDsMommy
12-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Elfis Presley moved this morning while the boys were upstairs getting dressed, sneaky little guy!

Gah! I completely forgot about the advent calendars! Oh well, tonight they'll get to do 2.

hellokitty
12-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Lol, don't worry, we have slacker fairy tale beings in our household too. The tooth fairy only has a 50% accuracy rate (forgets half of the time, DH is the tooth fairy), I tried the Elf one yr, and that was a total PITA. I would sometimes forget to move him, I began to dread thinking up of clever ideas, and then when the kids broke the rules and touched the Elf (I told him that the rule was that if they touched him, he'd disappear), I was annoyed, but also secretly relieved, that they had ended my torture. Oh while I'm at it, I'm also a fly lady flunkie and I don't get studio pics taken of my kids either. I fail on several levels in this weird category of parenting.

Oh and yeah, I forgot to start the advent calendar again. I need to find it, I actually snagged a lego one on clearance months ago, but I don't remember where I put it.

Twoboos
12-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Elfis Presley

This may be the best elf name ever!

BabbyO
12-02-2013, 05:21 PM

:yeahthat: x 1000

I saw the elf boxes yesterday at our local bookstore and thought about looking at the box for about 0.3 seconds before I realized it would NEVER work in our house.

I have thought about giving the kids coal this year from St. Nick though.....

cookiemonster80
12-02-2013, 07:27 PM
I saw on Pinterest how to recover from elf mishaps :)

The forgetting to move him can be explained away that he like his spot so much he wanted to stay there another day.

Although - the first day- now that is tough!

StantonHyde
12-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Thank goodness my kids think this is so creepy. phew!! Dodged a bullet on that one!

AngB
12-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Lol, don't worry, we have slacker fairy tale beings in our household too. The tooth fairy only has a 50% accuracy rate (forgets half of the time, DH is the tooth fairy), I tried the Elf one yr, and that was a total PITA. I would sometimes forget to move him, I began to dread thinking up of clever ideas, and then when the kids broke the rules and touched the Elf (I told him that the rule was that if they touched him, he'd disappear), I was annoyed, but also secretly relieved, that they had ended my torture. Oh while I'm at it, I'm also a fly lady flunkie and I don't get studio pics taken of my kids either. I fail on several levels in this weird category of parenting.

Oh and yeah, I forgot to start the advent calendar again. I need to find it, I actually snagged a lego one on clearance months ago, but I don't remember where I put it.

I am a fly lady flunkie too! I am so glad to be not the only one! I got my kitchen sink REALLY clean. And that was it.

I just bought an advent calendar this year. But I bought one with a thing (candy cane) attached to it where you just move it from pocket to pocket each day. Except um, it's on day 1 still. I know I am way too lazy and cheap to fill them with anything. And the elf...NO WAY. Just no.

janine
12-03-2013, 11:21 AM
This is why I don't start it until 1-2 wks before, I am too lazy! Meanwhile see people on FB posting elaborate placements and notes.

janine
12-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Thank goodness my kids think this is so creepy. phew!! Dodged a bullet on that one!

My DD is also very skeptical and looked at it with disgust like ewww what is that creepy thing. Last year she said it wasn't even real, doesn't blink. Will try again this year..last minute of course or else won't be moving!

Binkandabee
12-04-2013, 07:37 PM

I LOVE seeing pics and posts about other people's elves :). He's just not welcome at our house.

lalasmama
12-05-2013, 01:03 AM
Elfina didn't move her second night. We caught it when DD went downstairs to get dressed, and she jumped over to a new spot.

Now, she's chilling in my bowl of scented pine cones. She seems to move the moment DD is in bed, if not while she's in the shower before bed, LOL.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
12-05-2013, 01:57 AM
Forgot to move our elf last night. Kids were so mad that he hadn't gone anywhere. I told them it was probably because they had gone to bed so late that he didn't have time to go back to the North Pole. I moved him while they were at school and left him with a note saying that he hadn't had time to report back to the North Pole while they were asleep because they had gone to bed so late, but that he had gone while they were at school. Note also said that Santa only wants him traveling at night from now on so they better get to bed earlier. Seemed to work because they were all concerned with getting to bed early enough tonight to make sure JingleBell had time to go and come back. :D lol

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

hellokitty
12-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Lol, one of my friends, posted this on her facebook last night and I totally thought of this thread!

http://www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com/2011/12/over-achieving-elf-on-shelf-mommies.html

SnuggleBuggles
12-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Don't open this link if you are easily offended by a host of things (sex, drinking...) but if you are game, I found these inappropriate elf on a shelf antics' photos hysterical (and some very, very wrong):
http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19375305/Inappropriate_Elf_on_a_Shelf_18_pics

SnuggleBuggles
12-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Lol, one of my friends, posted this on her facebook last night and I totally thought of this thread!

http://www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com/2011/12/over-achieving-elf-on-shelf-mommies.html

:rotflmao:

KDsMommy
12-06-2013, 03:38 PM

That is hysterical!

lizzywednesday
12-06-2013, 04:04 PM

I literally laughed out loud at this post.

Kymberley
12-06-2013, 04:23 PM

Fantastic!

I bought the stupid elf, and his book. 2 years ago. It is still tightly sealed at the top of the closet. I think I'll use it as a White Elephant gift this year...

Twoboos
12-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Don't open this link if you are easily offended by a host of things (sex, drinking...) but if you are game, I found these inappropriate elf on a shelf antics' photos hysterical (and some very, very wrong):
http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19375305/Inappropriate_Elf_on_a_Shelf_18_pics

OMG!!! These are awesome (clearly a host of things do NOT offend me ;))! Silence of the Lambs/Put the Lotion in the Basket - I am dying laughing!!! :hysterical: :rotflmao:

SnuggleBuggles
12-06-2013, 05:17 PM
OMG!!! These are awesome (clearly a host of things do NOT offend me ;))! Silence of the Lambs/Put the Lotion in the Basket - I am dying laughing!!! :hysterical: :rotflmao:

That one really got me too. ;)

AJP
12-07-2013, 10:33 AM
I keep reminding my kids that our Elf won't always move. Some nights he is just too tired, some nights he decides there was just not too much info to report back to Santa on, etc, etc. lol