PDA

View Full Version : I feel so icky

Mopey
12-02-2013, 03:11 PM
My mom's health really seems to be declining. My sis and I started talking about us moving in with her last night. We just don't want her to be alone.

But the problem is, she and I both really love to be alone. And the apartment isn't big enough. But we would all save money and we would have peace of mind. And it's what I want and always planned for - I just thought it would be a larger house in the suburbs with plenty of space for everyone.

This is not even a bitch, I'm just so sad. My mom is more than the most amazing mom - she's the most amazing mom and everyone knows it. I have the mom who knew all the nitty gritty about my friends. I mean, when my BFF got arrested years ago she called my mom! In my head I've convinced myself that the benefit of her being so sick years ago was that I was able to know, without all of it at once (meaning death), that my mom is a person I will never get over. I don't think that "benefit" matters anymore.

She is at the hospital for more tests today. This is overwhelming. We are going to talk to her tomorrow night.

PS - here's the real bitch! F YOU L'Occitane for raising the price of hand soap refills to $20!!!!!!!!!!! (from $12) F YOU!!!! There goes my one luxury for my eczema riddled chef hands.

:thumbsdown:

crl
12-02-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope you can find a solution that works for everyone.

And thumbs down on that huge price hike.

Catherine

larig
12-02-2013, 04:35 PM
sorry bout your mom.

Mopey
12-02-2013, 06:29 PM
I appreciate it. They are admitting her for pneumonia. I need to rustle up new babysitters quick!

And booooooooo to L'Occitane.

Philly Mom
12-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Hope she is making a recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

BunnyBee
12-02-2013, 08:15 PM
I hope she recovers quickly and you find a workable solution. :grouphug:

Stupid L'Occitaine! I hope Santa brings them coal.

Mopey
12-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Thanks again, this made me smile :) coal. hee hee hee

She sounds okay and all is going pretty smoothly but she will be in for a few days as they figure out what is going on otherwise. Unfortunately Miss Mopey has gotten super sick this afternoon (big puffy eye that she needs antibiotics for and another trip to the doc in the am - which is a little freaky - and when we went to the pharmacy after the doc she threw up all.over.me. Easily a quart, the poor thing. So disgusting. No wonder she was a mess all afternoon :( So now I will be home with the germ-tastic Mopey for the next two days and not allowed near my oxygen mask wearing Mom. Wow, when it rains it pours! I'm exhausted. Thanks again ;)

StantonHyde
12-02-2013, 11:54 PM
awww, please take care of yourself--the last thing you need right now is for *you* to get sick!!

KpbS
12-03-2013, 01:52 AM
Sending big hugs and praying for a good recovery for your mom and your DD. :hug:

ladysoapmaker
12-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Hugs to you. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

MamaMolly
12-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Yep, I'm with the take care of yourself crowd. Being sick will only compound the awfulness. Hugs to all and P&PT for your mama.

Mopey
12-07-2013, 01:31 AM
Thanks so much everyone - we are all on the mend and trying to handle all the chaos together - my mom got home today. It's been an exhausting week but also good in ways. I can't tell you how amazing my sister is and how lucky we are to have each other in this. Also, the most amazing hubby. I love him like crazy. This is his first week of a brand new job for the firs time in nine years and all this??!!!! Holy moly he is amazing. It has been a rough year and I am hoping 2014 is suuuuuuuuuuuuper boring :)

Off to work! :waving4:

PS - I really appreciate the well wishes mamas (& papas). :bowdown: