PDA

View Full Version : Ride-on toy (atv) for a 7yo- recs?

elektra
12-02-2013, 03:37 PM
DD is coming up on 7yo and is asking for an atv. I was thinking no way but now my heart is softening. ;)
Everything I am seeing is for much younger kids though. Is there anything with more rubbery tires (I heard the hard plastic ones make it useless on grass or any kind of incline) that anyone can recommend?

AnnieW625
12-02-2013, 04:23 PM
DD1's friend who turned 7 in September (who has two siblings, one who just turned 6 or will turn 6 this month, and the other who will be 5 in June...yes you read that right!) have a Power Wheels and it did fine on their little patch of grass in their front yard. DD1 had a blast riding it when she was over there for a playdate. All 3 kids do just fine with the Power Wheels per the parents. Not much help as Power Wheels are usually geared to the under 7 set, but thought I would share anyways.

KrystalS
12-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Peg Perego makes ride on toys also & they are made for bigger kids. We got my DD one when she was 6 & she loved it. It was fine on the grass until the battery got low. It had a bigger battery than the power wheels so it went a lot faster. Prices really vary, we ordered from Walmart.com.

MizMojoLaveau
12-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Hopefully this one is good for a 7YO, as my 7YO and 4YO are getting this

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Razor-Dune-Buggy/10974777