PDA

View Full Version : Boy, do I have a challenge for you all!

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
12-02-2013, 05:50 PM
We got a call from our friend's SO that he is going to host a surprise 50th birthday party for her, and by the way, if she says yes, they will also get married at the same event! My DH will be performing the ceremony!
So surprises all around!

Our friends are pretty casual.

What do I wear? This is being held at an outdoor quarry, so it may be dusty, probably won't have lighting in the evening, oh, and did I mention that it will be at the end of December? Granted, it's not that cold in the Bay Area (comparatively), but still could get into the...50's or so? I'm assuming that we'll be inside a building, but don't know that for sure.

Should I go with a dress? Heels? Aaargh, this is so tough!

Oh, and I guess I should list all of my body complaints, too! :ROTFLMAO:
--thick waist (thanks to having had 3 kids)
--small boobage
--ok arms and legs

Would love to find something that would look good (and appropriate for either scenario - marriage or not), for less than $100.

Are you up for the challenge? :applause:

Oh, and I guess while I'm at it, what should DH wear? He may or may not be officiating a wedding!

crl
12-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I would not wear heels. Do you think a dress and tights with boots would be too casual? Seems like that combo would be warm for the outdoor location. . . .

What do you think the potential groom will wear? Maybe you can cue your dh's attire off of that?

Catherine

ETA if you think boots would be dressy enough, maybe some like these: http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49587&vid=1&pid=921834002

SnuggleBuggles
12-02-2013, 06:08 PM
I was going to say sweater dress and boots.

ABO Mama
12-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Another vote for dress with boots! Wearing leggings helps with tummy area. A scarf will pump up the boob area. As for price range, I found a similar outfit at Target...sweater dress, leggings, and boots all for about $100.

Globetrotter
12-02-2013, 11:17 PM
I think a fancier sweater dress and boots or tights would work, but I am really curious about the surprise proposal/wedding! :popc1: Seems like a lot of surprises, but you know.. having planned a wedding, this sounds pretty good right now lol