PDA

View Full Version : Honest Company vs. 7th Generation Diapers

morrisk45
12-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm a FTM to-be and I want to pick a relatively natural diaper. Can any of you offer advice on Honest Company Diapers vs. 7th Generation? The newer reviews on 7th Generation from Amazon seemed to be filled with people complaining about new problems. Any insights on either brand would be appreciated!

BunnyBee
12-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I have not tried Honest Company's diapers, but I'm not crazy about 7th Generation. I really liked them with my older kids, but they're scratchy and don't fit as well now. My favorite "natural" disposable diaper is the 365 brand from Whole Foods. I only use disposables when we're traveling. I've tried Earth's Best, 7th Gen, and the 365 brand.

I wouldn't buy a bunch of any one brand. Get a few different kinds to try and see what you prefer and what fits your baby the best.

citymama
12-04-2013, 09:25 PM
I like, in this order:
7th Gen
Nature Babycare
Earth's Best

From what I've seen so far, not a fan of Honest Kids.

daisymommy
12-09-2013, 11:58 PM
I've tried them all. My new absolutely favorite that I'm kind of crazy over is BabyGanics diapers. Babies R Us and Target sells them. They are soft, very absorbent, never leak--even with explosive poop--, have great stretchy tabs on the sides, and fit well.

My second favorite is 7th Generation
Then Earths Best.

Last place is Honest Co. Diapers. They feel, fit and work like cheap store brand diapers. I got a free sample pack and couldn't even stand them long enough to use the whole pack. Too bad because they are cute. But they're rough and scratchy, fit poorly and leak. Just yuck, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad

AnnieW625
12-10-2013, 03:08 PM
I like, in this order:
7th Gen
Nature Babycare
Earth's Best

This exactly, although with DD2 we didn't use Natural Babycare as much because they were harder to find, but with DD1 I used either 7th Generation or Natural Baby Care pretty equally. Earth's Best were definitely the softest, but they tended to leak a bit more or feel like they were going to leak. DH wasn't picky about diapers, but hated Earth's Best.

marymoo86
12-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Funny - I think it totally kid specific!

Loved Earth's Best for DD1 and seem to work well with DD2.
7th Gen is a 2nd favorite
Then 365 or Nature Babycare 3rd. 365 was more readily available and Nature babycare seemed scratchy.

BTW - if you want to try 7th gen my Target has mfg coupons on the diaper packs making them a good deal. Haven't tried Honest company.

lizzywednesday
12-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Most of what I've heard about Honest Company jives with what daisymommy posted, honestly. I haven't been willing to try them, but, then again, we're mostly out of diapers in our house, so it's not practical.

We've used 7th Gen and Huggies Pure & Natural (which are neither "pure" nor "natural") for my sensitive DD.

Honestly? 7th Gen changed their diapers enough to make them unusable by the 2nd pack we tried and the Huggies were our best bet.

When she continued to have rash issues, we went to cloth diapers overnight and whatever didn't irritate her bum during the day. I also liked the Fisher Price diapers, but I haven't seen those lately. It's a shame because they were perfume-free and worked very well overnight!

Is there any reason cloth isn't an option for you, OP?

AnnieW625
12-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Honestly? 7th Gen changed their diapers enough to make them unusable by the 2nd pack we tried and the Huggies were our best bet.

Is there any reason cloth isn't an option for you, OP?

It is funny because the initial packages of Seventh Generation diapers I used in 2007 and through the middle of 2008 with DD1 were hands down awesome and the best diapers ever, then in the summer of 2008 they changed them but we stopped using them not long after because they lowered the number of diapers in the size 5 package and I didn't think they worked as well. So then DD2 was born and they changed the diapers again so while we did use some 7th Gen. diapers (only on weekends or times we knew we were going to be out and about and didn't want to deal with cloth) they weren't the same. So when we had to switch from cloth diaper service (around the time DD2 started daycare) to disposables we went to Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive which we used until she was about 9 months. Then on a whim we went back to Seventh Generation and the diapers seemed better than they had been and we ended up using those intermittenly again when I could get them on sale for the same price as a big case of Costco brand diapers on the weekends as by the time DD2 was a year old we had switched back to cloth.

We used Fuzzi Bunz, Bum Genius, and Flip diapers or Flip diaper covers with Imagine prefolds from about the time DD2 was a year old until she was potty trained (we initially did cloth all in one diapers at daycare, but then did switch back to sposies to keep one of the ladies happy). The easiest were the Flip diaper covers with the Flip Organic inserts or the Imagine prefolds. If I were a SAHM and didn't need the flexibility of the Fuzzi Bunz one size of Bum Genius stuffable diapers I would have definitely been able to cloth diaper full time with prefolds. It wasn't nearly as intimidating as I thought it would be.