PDA

View Full Version : Will I regret returning PlasmaCars?

kaitlyns.mom
12-05-2013, 02:36 AM
I bought two PlasmaCars last month - one for each kid. I got a pretty good deal on them from Amazon. But now I am second-guessing it, mostly because I have gotten so much for them since then and PlasmaCars were never on their lists... So if I return them or sell them on CL, will I regret it? We already have two Razor scooters, one My First Radio Flyer scooter, a Cozy Coupe, a trike and a bike, plus a Wheely Bug inside - for two kids. The PlasmaCars would need to be outside toys as we don't have enough room inside, so they would be ridden on sidewalks and our back patio.

georgiegirl
12-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Is your patio smooth? If so, keep the plasma cars. We have 2 in addition to razor scooters, a cozy coupe, bicycles, balance bike, and a trike, and the kids love to chase each other on the plasma cars and play bumper cars. My kids are 4 and 7.5. Plasma cars have a longer longevity than most other ride on toys since adults can even use them

Simon
12-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Is your patio smooth? If so, keep the plasma cars. Plasma cars have a longer longevity than most other ride on toys since adults can even use them
:yeahthat: I think this is good advice. We had a plasma car for only a little while here because its way too bumpy both inside and outside so it wasn't much fun. At the ILs someone uses them inside the house and its great on their floors and hasn't caused any damage. The kids love it there.

KrystalS
12-05-2013, 09:26 AM
My kids never liked their Plasma cars, I sold them on CL after about 6 months because we just didn't have storage space for something that wasn't being used. We did not have a large smooth area for them to ride. There were mostly used on our driveway and sidewalks. You really need a completely smooth surface, our driveway was too rough. The wheels get messed up pretty fast if they are used on a rough surface.

westwoodmom04
12-05-2013, 09:49 AM
We had one that got very little use.

mommylamb
12-05-2013, 09:57 AM
We have one and it gets a lot of use. We use it as an outside toy on the sidewalk mostly. DS1 loves it and DS2 tries to use it, but he's too little.

acmom
12-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Ours get a lot of use outside on our driveway and walkways (have always been outside toys). Kids got them around 18 months and still use them often now at age 3.5 and 5. I have gotten rid of all the ride ons from the toddler years so they each have a plasma, a minikick scooter and a bike and all get used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

waitingforgrace
12-05-2013, 11:19 AM
We have one and neither DD cares for it. I'm not sure how adults can comfortably use them. I have tried but at 5'7" it is ridiculously uncomfortable. We just haven't gotten the appeal. I didn't pay anything for it though, I got it way back when from Pampers gift to grow points when they ran a points promotion.

pastrygirl
12-05-2013, 11:51 AM
My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE their EZ rollers, which we got instead of Plasma cars. SO FUN, especially if you have a hilly driveway!

maydaymommy
12-05-2013, 11:34 PM
I put off getting a plasma car, then I got one as a gift. We are all about being outside and we have all sorts of ride-ons. I would not hesitate to get rid of your plasma cars if you feel like they have enough without them. If I had a huge open area inside, I may think about keeping them. Otherwise, I don't like them for outside because they are too low to the ground for me to imagine ever letting a kid ride it in the street.

lmh2402
12-06-2013, 09:11 PM
plasma car is one of the best gifts we ever got for DS. he rides it daily around the house.

AngelaS
12-07-2013, 08:30 AM
We have them in our finished basement. We put in vinyl flooring in part of it, specifically for the plasma cars. They get a ton of play time. But, they're the only ride on toys we have. They're a hit with every kid who comes over and grownup s too

lhafer
12-08-2013, 12:57 PM
I got knock off Plasma cars (2) on Amazon a couple of years ago for my daughters. They are the most used toy in our house. They stay inside but we have tile, and a circular kitchen (large island/open concept to living room) and they race each other around my island. Pretty much daily. My kids are almost 8 and 4 now. We also have a maxi kick scooter (for older girl), mini kick scooter (for younger girl), a razor scooter, a balance bike, and a radio flyer tricycle. All of these are inside!! It gets so hot here in the summer that no one goes outside to play, so they've just become inside toys. But ours get TONS of use. And I like having all the wheeled toys for when we have play dates - almost everyone has something to ride and race around in!