PDA

View Full Version : Views on super magformers (jumbo ones, versus regular ones)?

magnoliaparadise
12-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Hi,
As part of my Amazon addiction, I bought some magformers on sale. I was excited because my daughter had played with them in preschool. Only... when I received them, I was disappointed because I realize that my daughter's nursery school has the 'super' ones, not the small ones. The super ones are about 4x as big and my kids LOVE playing with them.
Now I don't know whether to return the small ones.

Does anyone have the super ones?
If so, do you use them with your 'regular ones'. I know that you can, but do your kids find it interesting enough to?
Do they ever come cheaper than this anywhere? (30 pieces for $74 instead of $100, whooah, a veritable steal). CCC says it was $55 in October, but still... that's about $1.60 per square, crazy!
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Magformers-Magnetic-Building-Construction/dp/B002T5TI98/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345907455&sr=8-1&keywords=super%20magformers&tag=vglnk-c165-20

citymama
12-05-2013, 03:39 PM
We have the regular Magformers and love them. They get a ton of play. Not familiar with the super ones! Assuming you paid a good price for them, I would keep the ones you got and if they don't get played with, you could always sell on CL.

georgiegirl
12-05-2013, 04:35 PM
I just got the super ones for my niece for her birthday. They were $60 for a 30 piece set on zulily. I just spoke with my BIL and apparently he's been playing with them non stop since Sunday.

jam224
12-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Woah, those Super ones are really cool! We don't have the Super ones, just the regular Magformers, and 2.5yo DD loves them. The magnets are really strong and we've been building boats, houses, and rocket ships out of them for her Little People! ;) Lots of fun!