View Full Version : If my kid likes Nate the great books

crl
12-06-2013, 02:38 AM
What else might he like?

thanks!
Catherine

ett
12-06-2013, 02:50 AM
Has he read the Olivia Sharp books by the same author?

The High Rise Private Eyes series - Cynthia Rylant
Dodsworth series - Tim Egan
Fox series - James Marshall (one of them has characters smoking so you may want to preview first.)

egoldber
12-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Has he read the Stink books by Megan McDonald? The same author as Judy Moody (Stink is Judy's brother.) He may like Judy Moody also.

The Alvin Ho series is also good and features an Asian-American little boy which he may like. People to tend to either really like or dislike this series, so maybe pre-read. Although they are very popular.

The Time Warp Trio book by Jon Scieszka are very good. All his books are terrific.

I assume he's read Captain Underpants? I know a lot of people don't like them, but younger DD (and I :o ) think they are hysterical.

crl
12-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Thank you! I will pick a couple of those as Christmas gifts (along with a baseball book and a Chinese for tale I already have for him) and hopefully he will like at least one!

Catherine

Kindra178
12-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Jack Stalwart!

crl
12-06-2013, 02:00 PM
I ordered the first of the Alvin Ho and the first of the Time Warp Trio books. That will do it for Christmas (brings me up to four books for him, which is what I have for his sister). But I will definitely refer back to these suggestions in the future since I give books at pretty much every gift giving opportunity and I think I'm about out of baseball books for his reading level.

Thank you!
Catherine

KpbS
12-09-2013, 02:59 AM
Another vote for High Rise Private Eyes, those are cute and fun. Also I bet he would like the Bailey School Kids and A to Z Mysteries (both pretty quick reads) and in a few months the Boxcar Children series.

dogmom
12-09-2013, 05:04 AM
Dragonbreath series by Ursula Vernon. Also my DS was able to transition to both Ronald Dahl and Mark Twain (abridged versions) from Nate in 4/5th grade.