PDA

View Full Version : What would you wear for a 7 pm wedding?

kara97210
12-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Long and boring story, but I just found out I am going to a wedding with my mom this weekend. I don't know the couple well at all, the bride's parents are friends of my mom and she's travelled here for the wedding but they became friends after I moved away from home.

I realize I haven't been to a winter wedding for a long, long time and its bitterly cold here now. I'm kind of wondering what is appropriate. I have several plain black dresses, but that doesnt seem dressy enough. The invitation offers no guidance on dress code, but its in a non-religious hall and is followed by drinks, dinner and dancing.

AnnieW625
12-07-2013, 03:21 PM
I would wear a long black dress and dress it up with some jewelry, maybe a long pearl necklace that can be doubled up. Shoes wise if you have pointy stiletto boots I would think about that and or black pumps.

kara97210
12-07-2013, 07:41 PM
I would wear a long black dress and dress it up with some jewelry, maybe a long pearl necklace that can be doubled up. Shoes wise if you have pointy stiletto boots I would think about that and or black pumps.

Thanks! This is really similar to what I've pulled together for tonight. It's supposed to get down to 18 degrees, so something short felt wrong.